WTF ?!? $116 for CMSF2 and it wont run !!!!!

So I just spent $116 on Strike Force 2 with the full bundle and the thing wont run ! All I get is that stupid spinny blue wheel and then nuthin...nada...zilch.

I have just about every game that Battlefront has in its catalog and they all work fine. I spent an entire afternoon working on this with ZERO progress. From what I have read there is little use in submitting a ticket as they dont bother to respond to folks having the same issue.

Ive been a loyal fan and customer a long time, this is very distressing.

any help would be appreciated.

12 minutes ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

So I just spent $116 on Strike Force 2 with the full bundle and the thing wont run ! All I get is that stupid spinny blue wheel and then nuthin...nada...zilch.

I have just about every game that Battlefront has in its catalog and they all work fine. I spent an entire afternoon working on this with ZERO progress. From what I have read there is little use in submitting a ticket as they dont bother to respond to folks having the same issue.

Try clicking the desktop icon fast as if you were frustrated. I've brute-forced my way through this particular issue this way. I would get a spinny circle but the game never launched 

3 hours ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

From what I have read there is little use in submitting a ticket as they dont bother to respond to folks having the same issue.

Not sure where you get that thought from. But the quickest way to get a responce is to do a ticket, yes he is quick to respond to any request there if he is awake and near his device.

I have never seen a issue getting help when needed. Other than it is one guy that monitors it, thus timing can be a issue because of normal life issues.

Where as, he is not monitoring here.

4 hours ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

Thanks for screwing up my weekend Battlefront and basically stealing 116 bucks of my money,

C'mon man.

If you bought it here you might as well make an account at matrix.com and try their version. You can also get a third version by requesting a steam key in the "my games" section of your matrix account. You can try that as well in the meantime.

If you haven't done so already it may be worth trying to update your graphics drivers too.

The last time I heard about something like this is had nothing to do with the game itself, it was the computer's security software making life difficult. 'Automatic security updates' to your OS show up while you're no looking then suddenly stuff that used to work isn't allowed to start up.

7 hours ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

As a side note....I updated all of my Battlefront games to the most recent patches. Now most of them wont work anymore either.

That´s somewhat good to hear honestly because that problem seems to occur frequently right now. Good thing is that Wolgang500 seems to have found the solution to that.

Try this one out:

16 hours ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

Thanks for screwing up my weekend Battlefront and basically stealing 116 bucks of my money,

Battlefront may not have screwed up your weekend. Somefink else on your system may have. It's always best to reach out to tech support rather than flounder taking guesses. But that is just one persons opinion.

17 hours ago, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

From what I have read there is little use in submitting a ticket as they dont bother to respond to folks having the same issue.

I have no tickets that have not been replied to. I reply 365 days a year. I work on the Help Desk on Christmas, Thanksgiving, on the golf course, Saturdays, Sundays, if I am awake and near my phone (I got a dead sexy Samsung Galaxy Z Fold) or my computer then I am on duty. So that accusation is very unfair.

There is too little information in this ticket to help much. If you open a ticket, we'll be happy to help. If not, the link that @Brille posted sounds like it may be what you're looking for. 

2 hours ago, BFCElvis said:

There is too little information in this ticket to help much. If you open a ticket, we'll be happy to help. If not, the link that @Brille posted sounds like it may be what you're looking for. 

It helped in multiple instances now.

Any chance of making it sticky in the forums ? I guess there come more in the furture having this problem.

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

And that's why I tagged John.  When tagged, I have never known him not to respond.

Looks like this was posted last night after I'd taken my oldest out for her birthday. I did check the Help Desk before going to bed but not the forum. 

On 6/9/2023 at 6:47 PM, TrenchfootJoe66 said:

Have you been able to get you game up and running?