Winter Horizon?

Winter Horizon?

zGoRxyU.jpg

Based of @umlaut destroyed town I think Stalingrad, this is only an exemple of what I mean in my text with, fog, explosions, dirt, smoke, clouds, artilery barrage...and a tank, that you have to discover ???   😆

Edited by JM Stuff

22 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

when I talk of cities on fire I am not thinking of setting the entire battlefield ablaze to the point of being burned, even the fingers playing a scenario (joking) but simply a few straight columns of smoke rising left and right in the sky (or taking into account the wind where a modtag could be added to give realism) but not absolutely essential... on certain part of the map (NSEW).

The idea would be to immerse the player in a view of a battlefield devastated by war, and not surround the player with an impassable brazier, some colone or abandonned vehicles in fire or not but not too much just one or two.

Like I said I have my little idea and try to apply it !

In the zoom factor we can created more or less details horizons pictures and playing with the blur, this will give already a good effect...

Sounds good and like you already put some thought in it. Probably more than I did. I just fired off some ideas that came to my mind.

I’ll be happy to see your first results.👍

19 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Winter Horizon?

zGoRxyU.jpg

Based of @umlaut destroyed town I think Stalingrad, this is only an exemple of what I mean in my text with, fog, explosions, dirt, smoke, clouds, artilery barrage...and a tank, that you have to discover ???   😆

Sorry, saw this too late. Yep, something like this could work very well.

3 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Sounds good and like you already put some thought in it. Probably more than I did. I just fired off some ideas that came to my mind.

I’ll be happy to see your first results.👍

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Pretty spectacular!!!!

Thanks guys here another one for a specific scenario or region, Market Garden, for exemple, you dont have to put so much explosion or smoke or whatever, is only to show you the effect that these horizons pictures can give to your "background NSEW" in fact the tittle of this scenario can be "The plane that never fall, or never come down" hahhaha funny !

I change and make my own background destruction and rubbles with a mix pictures of Syria and Kosovo, and I find the result is already acceptable.

If you see something "chocking" or not in the good place, let me know I have always time to correct some details!

But like I said, this is only an exemple.

I did already more like crashing plane, and burning forest, but I have to working more of them for now !

Sept 17, 1944 DZ Sector Veghel (Holland) 101 us 0530am

I1WFyta.jpg

Sept 17, 1944 DZ Sector Veghel (Holland) 101 us 1145am

sD0612Z.jpg

Edited by JM Stuff

16 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Superb, JM. Perhaps Market Garden could also use a horizon full of pparachutes. Personally I think rhe horizon should not contain fast moving objects like planes or fast moving things like explosians, but that's a matter of taste.

Good point. An explosion which remains stationary for an hour may look a little odd. But why not try it? It’s not like we would be watching it all the  time.

Don't worry that was my thought about the parachute too, and I was thinking already about, thanks to confirm, in fact I should have shown you the horizon with the parachute rather than the one with the plane.

you only have to remember one thing if you add "objects" such as parachutes or any other objects in a "horizon" view.

You have to match the image to the scenario, and probably the horizon image cannot be used twice in a row, for two different scenarios.

Let me short explain
we need to add "objects" like parachutes or something in the right direction.

Imagine you want to reproduce a scenario of Arnhem, where the Germans are coming from the north and you put a horizon view with parachutes or paras also coming from the north where real English paratroopers are coming in the scenario, from the west side of the battlefield, like the position history there will be something wrong...

It is true that introducing a plane even in flames was a bad idea, a plane that has just crashed would have been more justified.

Just as fallen parachutes would be welcome without paras hanging around, in fact any immobile element is welcome, apart from smoke, fog dust, cloud destructed vehilcles are acceptable elements that dont move or slowly, and in the scenario context, and no explosions, this give a nice effects on a picture but don t reflect really the imersion on the battlefield, we can only imagine that far way from the battlefield there are some explosions and this around the battlefiled, this is why a simply explosions very small were better on place.

Our eyes will not have always these full colored explosion in the front this will become to be disturbing with the time, just littles far away shadows of explosions could be "accepted" and will not be disturbing.

I wanted to show you how it might look on a general horizon view, without really thinking about making this view with a flying plane or explosions, this is a no go!

Thank you for your opinions and recommendations.

Edited by JM Stuff