Blau III - Counterattack scenario

Artkin

Hi,

I feel that this scenario is good enough to be released. I'm in the process of play testing it right now but I really can't wait to push it out.  It's a HUGE scenario on a 2x2 map. The theme is a German counterattack along the Don river on September 3rd 1942. The map is Nikishnye by @Zveroboy1and uses two early panzer mods by @kohlenklau (Links at bottom).

Forces are elements of 24th Panzer Division attacking elements of 39th Guards Rifle Division held out in a large town. The Germans have to cut off the bridgehead over the Don. Non-historical (What if?) scenario but with historical formations. I will put in an upload request to TSD3 shortly.

Scenario:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bv92b0qnob41bw4/AADXZQP0Xav8hs48t4HKZXYga?dl=0

Kohlenklau's Mods:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/klxd227lgnniiem/AADKOSpndPy8e6_eRAJeQ9wca?dl=0

Zveroboy1's Map(s):

40 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Tried booting up the smaller 6th scenario but loading got stuck at 76%.

Also, re the mods folder, doe sit all go in MODS folder?  Wasn't sure about the folder with the .txt files.

the folder with the .txt will go into documents -> combat mission -> red thunder -> game files -> mod tags. but it's not necessary unless you are building your own scenario with them since it's already baked into the scenario provided.

If you are getting stuck at 76% the scenario may be too large for your computer. What are your specs? Processor model, graphics card model and amount of ram?

59 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Suggest you name the scenarios with a "EW" prefis

That's a good idea, but I've already landed on the Blau naming scheme, and I hope to make more under these. I do understand the need to organize everything though. My CMRT folder is also a huge mess with the crazy amount of content made for it

57 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Tried booting up the smaller 6th scenario but loading got stuck at 76%.

Yeah, sorry to say me too.

On my laptop, so:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

A bit old but I've never had a total stop before with anything.  Going to try the others now...

That is strange. I hope someone can verify that the file does indeed work. I'm playing it pbem right now with someone. Maybe it was corrupted on upload?

5 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Yeah, sorry to say me too.

On my laptop, so:

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Graphics    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

A bit old but I've never had a total stop before with anything.  Going to try the others now...

I've had that very processor before in an alienware r3 17" 2016 model and it was ok, but I was pretty disappointed with it. I found that my games studdered and lagged like crazy. I had to get rid of the laptop on the cheap. I think it might be an issue of lacking horsepower to run the scenario with that processor. Still, I'm surprised the scenario doesn't even boot up. Mine hiccups at 49% but after that it moves quickly.

22 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I think it might be an issue of lacking horsepower to run the scenario with that processor.

Well maybe, but just checking you do know there are 3 scenarios in the download, not just the one in the title of this thread?

The Counterattack scenario loads fine here except for the images on the briefing screen, but the one enigmatically named '6th' which Erwin and I were referring to does not.  I'll try the third one which is Moltke Bridge.

Edited by Vacillator

17 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

So the Moltke Bridge loads, but has no briefing and looks like a work in progress based on the FR battle?

Ah OOPS. That's the problem. I've accidentally linked the entire folder when I only meant to link the counterattack scenario. Yeah that 6th file has 150,000 pixeltruppen and about 1000 tanks. That will never load.

Moltke bridge works but will eventually crash, I need to downsize that one a little bit.

@Erwin

Edited by Artkin

• 4 weeks later...