HOW TO MAKE A BIG MOD (TEST DUMMY LOG)

kohlenklau

Hey the "Bovington" duo, I wish you to Phill a nice quiet trip, enjoy Europa, this seem to be so little an second, when you have a view from the USA or Canada, but contains incredible treasures and beauties places and delicious meal,... all over Europe this is a must, one time in your life.

And to you Vacilator, dont drink too much, (joking), the reputation of the  English men and beer is not a legend, and don t be a hooly with uncle Phill, (sorry I have to check your profile to see if you are really an English man, Scotish or Irish).

I wish I (we) could make the trip to the North of Spain, on the same time, but we are posponed it for later ...

I wish you both a nice time and let us know about your adventure with your Europa tour !

PS yes indeed is nice to see the Goody Bag full again !

Edited by JM Stuff

10 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

Hey the "Bovington" duo, I wish you to Phill a nice quiet trip, enjoy Europa, this seem to be so little an second, when you have a view from the USA or Canada, but contains incredible treasures and beauties places and delicious meal,... all over Europe this is a must, one time in your life.

And to you Vacilator, dont drink too much, (joking), the reputation of the  English men and beer is not a legend, and don t be a hooly with uncle Phill, (sorry I have to check your profile to see if you are really an English man, Scotish or Irish).

I wish I (we) could make the trip to the North of Spain, on the same time, but we are posponed it for later ...

I wish you both a nice time and let us know about your adventure with your Europa tour !

PS yes indeed is nice to see the Goody Bag full again !

just a +1 one is irrelevant for me, Idont care about points, but a little more motivation in texting will be welcome friends, and that wherever I start a conversation on a thread, me or any guy on the net, this is really welcome...

Over the next week or so I will finalize the CMFI FRANCE 1940 GOLD PACK and finish a scenario to try and show off GOLD.

Tentative list...

gpUFZNP.png

If anybody spots any goofs with SILVER, please just PM me. Screenshots are best of course. If needed I can try to roll SILVER "fixes" in with GOLD.

Then I am gone to Europe for a week starting May 17. Bovington and Saumur. I hope to sneak home a tank in my luggage. One of the early war smaller tanks might slip through.

Edited by kohlenklau

27 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Then I am gone to Europe for a week starting May 17. Bovington and Saumur. I hope to sneak home a tank in my luggage. One of the early war smaller tanks might slip through.

Good idea. Bring back some Hotchkiss tank as an incentive gift to BFC ! 😎

On 5/6/2023 at 1:30 PM, JM Stuff said:

a little more motivation in texting will be welcome friends

I agree JM.  I can only apologise as today is the first time I read your post.

On 5/6/2023 at 2:31 AM, JM Stuff said:

Yes, I'm English (but also European, always will be).

We plan to share food in European proportions, not Texan 😉, but the beer and wine will be in English proportions, so probably too much 🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷🤮.

31 minutes ago, Damian45 said:

Nice use of my screenshot @Simicro, looks good 👍

Hello Damian!

Oh! Sorry I read too quickly and thought the screenshot was by kohlenklau but actually it is yours, so credit to you of course for the picture!

I chose it for the banner because in addition to being nice and related to a topic dear to kohlenklau, it was also well suited for the 'Goody Bag' (perspective from the back of the soldiers). As you can see, I reframed the screenshot for the purpose.

In the end: great teamwork! 👍

I have a list of FRANCE 1940 scenarios I decided I must do before I can retire. You all will be damn ready for me to go after all this retirement moaning and groaning! You guys are great. Thanks for the kindness and understanding. 

BODANGE (Ardennes Chasseurs) IN PROGRESS

STONNE (French attack)

ETALLE (GD) IN PROGRESS

SUXY (GD)

VONCQ (SS-Polizei's first combat) map started

YONCQ (big French armor attack against the Panzers) map started

ok, you might be scatching your head. Yes, there really is a Voncq and a Yoncq

PERBAIS (German infantry attack)

a few others I can't recall the town name...

15 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

@Suchy

Hey Tommy,

You always have a good eye for what is possible.

Can you please look at the world of CM and see what I could use to Blender quick build a PzI?

-crew of 2.

-2 mg's

-armor is 7-13mm

-speed 23mph

-5 tons

-L 4.02m x W 2.06m x H 1.72m

My best guess: CMFI L5/21

-crew of 2. 👌

-2 mg's 👌

-armor is 7-13mm / Fiat is 6-16 mm => 👌

-speed 23mph / Fiat is 13 mph => 🟠

-5 tons / Fiat is 6 tons => 👌

-L 4.02m x W 2.06m x H 1.72m / Fiat is L 4.29m x W 1.65m x H 2.20m => 🟠

Heigth, width and speed are not exactly OK but I'm not sure you'll get anything better...

Edited by PEB14

5 hours ago, PEB14 said:

My best guess: CMFI L5/21

Thanks! It reminded me I had messed with that slow poke a couple years ago in trying to make a British MK VI for Crete. :D

Yesterday I went ahead and started experiments using the L3/35 which has no actual turret and is smaller but is as fast as the PzI.

Experiments include also scaling it up in size in Blender. 

EDIT: This might be hard to follow. I just did a Blender edit and renamed the L5/21 turret as mount and when it stands in for the L3/35, I get "some" turret movement left and right. Now I can do Doctor Frankenstein stuff and TRY TO make it all look more like the actual Panzer I.

It is fun to fight these little 1940 tanks against each other.

Edited by kohlenklau

@kohlenklau

This is a difficult task. As already shown, there is a good mechanics donor in the form of L5/21. In contrast, there is a lack of donors for the 3D model. There are no vehicles on the Panzer I chassis in the CM, and there are no vehicles with a similar chassis. As far as the turret is concerned, after removal of the cannons and some rescaling, the structures from Luchs, T70 and PSW 231 are somewhat similar. Obviously, strongly extending gun barrels are needed, maybe from Stuart? Chassis? - Maybe a T70 or even better a Wiesel from CMSF2 extended by 1 wheel . Hull??? - Luchs somewhat similar ... An exceptionally difficult task ...

1 hour ago, Suchy said:

This is a difficult task.

Hull: I started it as a prototype with the T-70 hull. At first I tried the Lloyd carrier to get the antique style spoked wheels but it had an odd hull in other areas. I will try to back fit the spoked wheels. Maybe add the horizontal tie bar.

Turret: I am using the turret from the 231 8-rad. I have scaled it to .75 and doubled the mg's and deleted the cannon. I am fighting a few Blender mystery issues but so far it performs well.

rc6YibL.png

"the baby brother behind the little brother"

RNnmso8.png

But now I go to my office job for 3 days. I will mess with it at night.

Edited by kohlenklau

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Hull: I started it as a prototype with the T-70 hull. At first I tried the Lloyd carrier to get the antique style spoked wheels but it had an odd hull in other areas. I will try to back fit the spoked wheels. Maybe add the horizontal tie bar.

Turret: I am using the turret from the 231 8-rad. I have scaled it to .75 and doubled the mg's and deleted the cannon. I am fighting a few Blender mystery issues but so far it performs well.

rc6YibL.png

"the baby brother behind the little brother"

RNnmso8.png

But now I go to my office job for 3 days. I will mess with it at night.

Very nice and prometting job, did you use hex editor first to find what you want to swap ?

12 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

did you use hex editor first to find what you want to swap ?

No, I didn't. I am just playing in the laboratory like Doctor Frankenstein.

I see now it is an Ausf B due to 5 roadwheels. :D

I think I can add some small pistol ports (just in closed dummy positions) and TRY to change a few armor plates to better get to the shape of the Pz I. 

The L3/35 is a damn good stand-in for the Pz I...(no turret but I do have the mount moving a little like a turret)

Now I just need to make it look better.

ezsVw9J.png

Edited by kohlenklau

3 hours ago, Suchy said:

@kohlenklau

This is a difficult task. As already shown, there is a good mechanics donor in the form of L5/21. In contrast, there is a lack of donors for the 3D model. There are no vehicles on the Panzer I chassis in the CM, and there are no vehicles with a similar chassis. As far as the turret is concerned, after removal of the cannons and some rescaling, the structures from Luchs, T70 and PSW 231 are somewhat similar. Obviously, strongly extending gun barrels are needed, maybe from Stuart? Chassis? - Maybe a T70 or even better a Wiesel from CMSF2 extended by 1 wheel . Hull??? - Luchs somewhat similar ... An exceptionally difficult task ...

Imagination is your strengh @Suchy when we know how is really work we can created the Poland 39 with some little vehicles that we can take left or right guns or only hulls !

Have to ask Dr Frankenstein to make the metamorphose ! I dress already a list  😆

18 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

No, I didn't. I am just playing in the laboratory like Doctor Frankenstein.

I see now it is an Ausf B due to 5 roadwheels. :D

I think I can add some small pistol ports (just in closed dummy positions) and TRY to change a few armor plates to better get to the shape of the Pz I. 

The L3/35 is a damn good stand-in for the Pz I...(no turret but I do have the mount moving a little like a turret)

Now I just need to make it look better.

ezsVw9J.png

Very nice job like always,

here is a list of vehicles that you can eventual use for little calibre like in the beginning of the 40 !

I will also check some myself in blender and perhaps  I will be Igor on the side of Dr Frankenstein !🤓

Daimler
Flackpanzer hull
Grille hull
Humber
Humber Irc
Loyd
Universal carriere
M12 Hull
M20 ac
Marder I Hull
Otter
Lyncx