I'm confused who would buy a game from Steam compared to buying from here?

lcm1947

On 1/25/2023 at 4:33 AM, Artkin said:

Steam workshop sucks. I've searched for items that never showed up despite having the same exact keywords. 

With the amount of content that is available for CM, you will spend an hour just trying to find files. The workshop's organization is pretty crap. If they made a browser that wasn't so bad I would dig it. But ffs, there are better options. IanL's website does it perfect, but there isnt a massive collection on there. 

Valve went with a childish redesign a couple years back and it recessed in functionality. 

Went " WOKE " did it.  😕

• 1 month later...

I think it’s great that you can buy the game here on BFC and still get access to the Steam key.

With Steam you can install a title on as many devices as you want, it only checks that you aren’t trying to play the same game on different machines at the same time.

I like to try new devices, use multiple machines and VMs. I reformat my OS every 12-18 months, meaning reinstalling the game on the same machine. Currently I’m over my limit for my BFC account for some CM games.  I’ve even had to purchase a game a couple of times.

With Steam I can install the game as many times on as many devices/VMs/ etc.  I just wish Steam had the MacOS version as well.  Steam is fully multi platform, I don’t understand why they limited CM to Windows only on it.  I assume Slitherine/Matrix are just afraid of MacOS.

Looking forward to Battlefront releasing all the games via Steam.

@BFCElvis Can you please have the Steam icons replaced with the standard BFC CM icons?  The colorful circle logos are so much nicer and easier to distinguish than the dark armored vehicle icons used for Steam installs.

13 hours ago, nox_plague said:

I like to try new devices, use multiple machines and VMs. I reformat my OS every 12-18 months, meaning reinstalling the game on the same machine. Currently I’m over my limit for my BFC account for some CM games.  I’ve even had to purchase a game a couple of times.

We love money at Battlefront but you should never repurchase one of our games that you already own.  If you run into a problem, open a Help Desk ticket and we'll help you out.

@BFCElvis Can you please have the Steam icons replaced with the standard BFC CM icons?  The colorful circle logos are so much nicer and easier to distinguish than the dark armored vehicle icons used for Steam installs.

We have absolutely no control over the icons on Steam installations. I suppose if we really hated one and raised a stink they would probably listen to us. The interesting thing is that the Matrix version uses the same icons as the Battlefront versions!

On 1/17/2023 at 12:28 AM, Malaspina said:

I wouldn't discount the fact that Steam automatically updates your games whenever there's an official patch or you purchase a new module. Over the years patching and upgrading a game like CMBN, for example, has been quite an effort. Five modules, countless patches and upgrades... oh dear. That sure tested my aging brain ;)

As a matter of fact I'm waiting for it to be available on Steam before I install it on my new laptop.

that used to be true, but ever since BF started using the installer process it is no longer an issue.  The only time this might be a consideration is if you have severe limitations in your data plan.  As it is now whenever they update I just DL the installer and I'm good to go.  I also save a copy of that installer in the event I want to do multiple installs to for example run a campaign with a specific set of mods for a specific unit organization.

Also with the full installer if you purchase a module you just use an activation key.  The installer already includes all the modules.

Edited by sburke