22 hours ago, ManyMilesAway said:

Hey folks!

This is my second video AAR and I decided to use a bit of a different style with this one.  Let me know what you all think!  It's by no means perfect but I poured a lot of effort into this one.  Special thanks to @domfluff and the CM discord community for helping me through the editing and creation process!  

+1.  Very well done video.  Liked and subscribed.  I also posted a link to the video over on the Grogheads forum. 

On 1/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, ManyMilesAway said:

Hey folks!

This is my second video AAR and I decided to use a bit of a different style with this one.  Let me know what you all think!  It's by no means perfect but I poured a lot of effort into this one.  Special thanks to @domfluff and the CM discord community for helping me through the editing and creation process!

Great video. Each one is an improvement over the last.

@Battlefront.com Hey Steve, would you mind checking out the above video?  If you recall I was asking for the replay feature for the Commercial titles last year, this is the sort of content I could make much more efficiently and quickly if we had that feature in the Commercial versions!

On 1/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, ManyMilesAway said:

That was awesome. I enjoyed this style very much. Nice use of graphics, too!

On 1/10/2023 at 2:23 AM, ManyMilesAway said:

Hey Steve, would you mind checking out the above video?  If you recall I was asking for the replay feature for the Commercial titles last year, this is the sort of content I could make much more efficiently and quickly if we had that feature in the Commercial versions!

This, very much this! 😅 Also, free the camera! A truly free camera that can go all the way down to ground level would be helpful as well.

I've said before, but the replay feature would make content creation orders of magnitude easier, as well as being incredibly useful for learning what actually happened during a game, and improving.

To take the basic example - right now, the "easiest" way to make a CM video is to record you playing the thing, mouse clicks and all. There have been some really good content made this way (@Ithikial_AU), but it does result in 10+ hours worth of videos, most of which is pretty dull. The alternative is something like one of Hapless' AARs, which requires an awful lot more time and effort to put together.

With replays, the lowest-effort video would be perhaps a 30-60 minute replay, shot in one take, with someone narrating live. That's not the best possible CM video, but it raises the bar of the lower end significantly, as well as making the high end significantly easier.

Fully agree with Domfluff, currently it takes I would estimate 1-2 hours of effort per minute of footage if one were to do an AAR style video, not counting having to spend 1-2 minutes loading every save for each turn in a battalion size fight.

Edited by Grey_Fox

1 hour ago, Grey_Fox said:

Fully agree with Domfluff, currently it takes I would estimate 1-2 hours of effort per minute of footage if one were to do an AAR style video, not counting having to spend 1-2 minutes loading every save for each turn in a battalion size fight.

Even for the average player. How cool would it be to see your campaign or PBEM that you have worked on for weeks played out in a hour long war movie? 

On 1/15/2023 at 3:06 PM, Simcoe said:

Even for the average player. How cool would it be to see your campaign or PBEM that you have worked on for weeks played out in a hour long war movie? 

Exactly!  It would be extremely useful and just plain cool!  Not to mention that it would make streaming CM on Twitch Sooooooooo much more enjoyable to watch AAR replays back.