Bradley Inefficiency

THH149

Is this modelled in Black Sea?

Since (2001), the following objective observations of decreased lethality were seen at combat-training centers in Bradley crews: • A decrease in overall target hits during the past 20 years; • A requirement of more time for Bradley crews to qualify; and • The first-run crew qualification rates were not to standard.1 Coupled with changing conditions and the focus on the Global War on Terrorism and shorter dwell times in armored units, the lethality decrease and loss of proficiency inside Bradley crews have continued.

On 7/1/2022 at 5:07 AM, LukeFF said:

You can simulate pretty much any of those things by decreasing the crew's skill level.

Yup - Green; -2 would do the job ;) 

Player could go the whole hog and drop their morale levels  in combat they’ll most like bail before they spot or nail anything!

On 7/2/2022 at 4:51 PM, George MC said:

Player could go the whole hog and drop their morale levels  in combat they’ll most like bail before they spot or nail anything!

Yep, I reckon scenario designers need to be aware that not all Bradley crews are sighting and firing gods! And it realistic to have crews as green!

The source btw was the Armour Winter 2022, so a credible source.

52 minutes ago, THH149 said:

Yep, I reckon scenario designers need to be aware that not all Bradley crews are sighting and firing gods! And it realistic to have crews as green!

The source btw was the Armour Winter 2022, so a credible source.

I get a clothing brand when I search for Armour Winter 2022. This is the actual source: https://www.benning.army.mil/armor/earmor/content/issues/2022/Winter/1Hines22.pdf

Edited by Grey_Fox

I recall reading (somewhere) a few years ago of Bradley crews' great difficultly simply getting TOW to launch, nevermind hit the target they were aiming at. This was observed during live fire training. Up until recently, the Army just wasn't focusing on training for large scale mechanized peer-to-peer combat. The 2014 Donbas conflict made them sit up and take notice, start thinking of things they hadn't been thinking about for quite awhile.

• 1 month later...