Who wants to help build a campaign for the Battle of Berlin

I'm trying to produce a campaign for Berlin, i'm building the ,maps and have completely updated and redesigned the mod buildings so now all buildings can be entered and fired from, I found a new solution to do this and it seems to work well, I made a template of where the windows appear on the mod builds, then i either use the default windows with my graphics in them rather tan the other way round, also if cut out I also make a window that fits the space so I can use either, also i have copied the window default window space on the BMP them pasted into the window files, this works really well especially when the window is space is black so as long as the window fits all i have to do is convert the default window into black or dark grey and they hardly notice on the bmp, so this gives the impression of having the glass and frame completely gone and and looks bombed out which is the look I have always tried to achieve before. If anyone with campaign experience want's to join with me and build an amazing campaign then DM e. I've chose a campaign as this will eliminate any need for my complete collection of modded items which is huge. I've made several maps including the suburbs, the Molkte bridge, Kroll Opera House, The Reichstag, Unter der Linden, The Museum Island, Alexander Platz and the New Reichs Chancellory with plans to produce more. This is work in progress and I have to convert more buildings to allow for more window firing positions. Cheers for viewing and would love to see what you think?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Artkin said:

I can provide the 5th GTA TOE, for when they stormed the city under Rossiskovski during the final days of the battle. Not sure where they fought exactly

Yes please, also Bud is there any chance you could email me all the Independant buildings called 'other', thats the city buildings, i'm on a Imac and we cannot see the .brz files. BTW We cant explode the .brz folders so ill need the .bmp files (image files). If you can i will PM my email. Cheers

3 hours ago, NPye said:

Yes please, also Bud is there any chance you could email me all the Independant buildings called 'other', thats the city buildings, i'm on a Imac and we cannot see the .brz files. BTW We cant explode the .brz folders so ill need the .bmp files (image files). If you can i will PM my email. Cheers

Hi N, you were in the same quandary back a couple of years re BRZ files, there is a set of Mac tools for opening them up, you can get them here. They're pretty basic kinda command line, but they get the job done.

8 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Hi N, you were in the same quandary back a couple of years re BRZ files, there is a set of Mac tools for opening them up, you can get them here. They're pretty basic kinda command line, but they get the job done.

Cheers bud so where do I get the actual files? Cheers

Edited by NPye

10 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

The BRZ's or the Mac mod tools?

Nice pics btw, Unter den Linden never looked so good! Do we have any of those wrecked trams the Germans used as barricades?

jL3hZiE.jpg

Reckon it could be a nice flavour object addition.

Wouldnt it be great... LS Where do I get the .brz files as they are not supplied on a mac??????

14 hours ago, Erwin said:

Usually, heavily urban maps are lovely to look at, but a nightmare to play on as it's hard and frustrating to get a level 1 or 2 view of units without buildings getting in the way.  Hopefully the wide boulevards of your map will greatly mitigate that problem.

That's the joy of it, if you go down the Main street you will get destroyed. Most German teams have panzerfausts and are very good at close ranges. The way is to keep the tanks well back and as the infantry move forward the Germans give up their locations , then you can use the tanks to destroy them, never move your tanks without infantry support. Also the maps are made so the buildings interlink inside so you can move forward that way or blast your way through. I can't believe the Soviets soldiers don't have smoke grenades but their mortars can fire smoke so use them to cover as much movement as possible. Try it bud it's madness but you can win even though it's hard to achieve.

8 minutes ago, NPye said:

The BRZ's or the Mac mod tools?

Mate thats app is very complicated and outta my pay grade, any chance you send the .bmp for the OTHER independent Buildings, I want to smash them up a bit as they are very clean looking....Cheers

12 hours ago, NPye said:

Wouldnt it be great... LS Where do I get the .brz files as they are not supplied on a mac??????

Fo'sure. Maybe when I get my new eye I'll give it a go, would certainly add to the atmosphere. I already have some other ideas for creating a bit more 3 dimensional rubble for you.

12 hours ago, NPye said:

Mate thats app is very complicated and outta my pay grade, any chance you send the .bmp for the OTHER independent Buildings, I want to smash them up a bit as they are very clean looking....Cheers

Hehe, it looks way worse than it is. I'll load up a fully expanded set of brz's for you to pick over, you can grab what you want then.

1 hour ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Fo'sure. Maybe when I get my new eye I'll give it a go, would certainly add to the atmosphere. I already have some other ideas for creating a bit more 3 dimensional rubble for you.

Hehe, it looks way worse than it is. I'll load up a fully expanded set of brz's for you to pick over, you can grab what you want then.

Your'e a star bud let me know when and where to download,  ive got quite a few new scenarios pending to upload but will hang on for these files..... thanks so much LS and if you can build metal rails trams , now that would be great...Cheers

More screens of the Battle for Berlin mod.

1gJPQZ.jpg

The view once you are across the Moltke bridge, The Ministry of the Interior.

1IanO9.jpg 

The East End of Unter den Linden with the Humboldt University of Berlin in the background.

1IAm8A.jpg

A Berlin courtyard

1WVml0.jpg

The huge Hermann Tietz department store in Alexanderplatz. 

In the Third Reich, all businesses of the Tietz family were "Aryanized" (i.e., seized from Jews and transferred to non-Jewish owners) and the family members emigrated. The Tietz department store was "aryanised" in 1934.

Oscar's son Martin Tietz migrated with his wife to Liechtenstein in 1939 and his assets were seized by the Gestapo.

In 1933, Georg Karg, the new non-Jewish owner, changed the company’s name to "Hertie Department Stores" as an abbreviation of Hermann Tietz.

1WQlTv.jpg

Goebbels Ministry of Propaganda and Enlightenment, facing Wilhelmplatz. SS soldiers are watching for enemy movement from Goebbels balcony, he made many speeches from here.

Edited by NPye

On 8/15/2022 at 3:58 AM, NPye said:

Your'e a star bud let me know when and where to download,  ive got quite a few new scenarios pending to upload but will hang on for these files..... thanks so much LS and if you can build metal rails trams , now that would be great...Cheers

Great new set of images N!

I'm PMing a link to you in the next 30 mins or so.

Trams ... we'll see

1 hour ago, Vacillator said:

The sign on the store is 'Hermann Tiez' with no second t.  I can't believe such a lack of historical accuracy 😆.  Great work though...

lol I made it so the T had fallen off but somewhere down the line the gap has closed on the type....i will change at some point. Cheers bud

The Charlottenburger Chaussee was the boundary line  between 1st Ukrainian Front and 1st Belorussian Front, Konevs army advance from the east and Zhukov from the west. It was and used by the Germans as a temporary landing strip for small aircraft. It runs through the Tiergarten and is a good map for the mod as it is mainly wooded and moonscape after Soviet shelling. Notice the awesome vegetation from Luck Strikes Mod, Hedgerow Hell,  this scenario will be launched when I uploAD PHAZE II OF THE BATTLE OF BERLIN MOD, COMING SOON...

1JCm1v.jpg

1JCijM.jpg

1JCtwH.jpg

1J6xhr.jpg

1J6aw0.jpg

1J6ftC.jpg