Is It Possible To Mute A Single Thread?

I ask because the "How Hot Is Ukraine Gonna Get?" thread is currently so active as to make monitoring forum activity a chore.

I do think it's an interesting discussion, but it has also crowded out any comfortable ability to drop in once or twice a day and monitor the forums for patch, mod, or scenario news.

ok, I personally don't know exactly what you are seeing. But I guess you are swamped by this situation. I only get emails for PM's. I see the little green number by the bell when I come to the forum after some absence. For me, I know this can be adjusted and personalized, It always just shows me people quoting me or giving me a like or whatever. I HAVE a few times clicked "Follow" a thread and I think I got emails about new posts. I decided NOT to do that anymore. 

Try this....go ahead and Follow the Black Sea thread BUT select on the pop-up, Please do not send me jack diddly! (Do not send me any notifications).

Will that help, I dunno. 😞

I hope. 

6 hours ago, Holman said:

I ask because the "How Hot Is Ukraine Gonna Get?" thread is currently so active as to make monitoring forum activity a chore.

I do think it's an interesting discussion, but it has also crowded out any comfortable ability to drop in once or twice a day and monitor the forums for patch, mod, or scenario news.

I presume that you monitor the forum by using the Activity > All activity option at the top of the front page to the forums? I like to do this and then scroll through to see what's happening rather than follow specific threads or sub forums, one big list of everything. Trouble is with THAT thread it takes forever to scroll through recent activity and I have undoubtedly missed stuff I'm actually interested in, aside from the waste of time. 

So to get around it what I do is:

1. Select Activity at the top

2. Select Unread Content in the options just below

3. Select the most recent How Hot is Ukraine Gonna Get? post, usually at the top of the list, open it and then go back. This has the effect of marking the whole thread as read

4. Your Unread Content list will now be much shorter, devoid of a bazillion posts, easy and quick to navigate.

One unfortunate caveat, when you click on a link to a thread in the Unread Content list you will always be taken to the first page of the thread regardless of how old it is - I guess the system thinks you want to read the whole thread or something. Anyway it's quite trivial to then go to the most recent page of the thread and read to your heart's content.

edit: PS don't forget to click the Mark site read button at top right when you finished reading, clears all the crud from your list ...

4 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I think that in the same way we have to see all of the different games, we also have to see all of the threads for each game. It would be good if we could edit what we see, e.g. hiding all the modern titles if we are only interested in WW2 or vice versa. But, sadly we can't. 

Yes ...

Edited by Lucky_Strike
PS

Wouldn't be easier to simply access the "Community Forums" page and then forums and threads that one has not read are shown in bold. That way one can quickly read all other topics and if desired ignore the massive Ukraine forum thread.  That's the way I have been doing it for 20+ years and so as to not get overwhelmed - assuming one hasn't been traveling for weeks with no internet access.

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Wouldn't be easier to simply access the "Community Forums" page and then forums and threads that one has not read are shown in bold. That way one can quickly read all other topics and if desired ignore the massive Ukraine forum thread.  That's the way I have been doing it for 20+ years and so as to not get overwhelmed - assuming one hasn't been traveling for weeks with no internet access.

Yes that's a way of doing it, more clicks and no short summary of each post in a, usually, concise list, but for sure it'll get around the somewhat overwhelming Ukraine thread.