CMRT ITALY MOD

Actively in progress to make this. Some of my other CM chores are on the back burner for a few weeks I guess. I gauge interest as not very great for various reasons. All 6 of you will download it! <Thanks guys!...I mean grazie> But I am still whittling away on it.

It interested me in the history of Italians in Russia. I found some good background references for scenarios in fall 41 through to early 43.

My system is to have "test arena scenarios" modtagged [csir] Corpo di Spedizione Italiano in Russia with units so I can see the mods take shape. I have multiple test scenarios for this mod.  Subsets? Alpini in the snows in late 42. Bersaglieri in the summers. Regular infantry too. Probably my first completed scenario for this mod will be where the Black shirts attack a Soviet rearguard along the Bug River in August 1941. Swapping mds files and dealing with missing gear. Modding a few vehicles. UI mods. Script file mods. Modded all the voices by bulk renaming. My regular splash background artist is busy changing diapers with a new baby @jamxo so I farted out this place holder.

II9Qc17.png

@benpark

It is GETTING TO BE A BIG LASAGNA!!! 1GB so far in my z folder. mama mia.

Not all ironed out yet but I am renaming files to use German Infantry for Regular Infantry and Blackshirts, SS for Alpini -OR- Bersaglieri. 

I have a bulk renamer so I can fix it quick if I went the wrong way.

I pulled a few tricks here and there which are hurting my brain on how to cover the loose ends.

I have not contemplated a German -AND- Italian presense on the CMRT battlefield. I just have 1 voice file set for axis.

Edited by kohlenklau

21 minutes ago, Suchy said:

I'll try to do it

I will meet you at Checkpoint Charlie with the KGB agent. But first you send over the defecting scientist and the ballerina! 😄

Translation: Please get me the tutorial on your Suchy modding method and the above Italian truck mod and I will push the order for the KV-1.

Phil, Wot?  No subtitles?  Just kidding.  Looks to be somewhat interesting.  Have not seen Peter Falk yet, although having seen him for so many years as Columbo will probably ruin things for me.  :P

The train engine looks right (you knew I was checking that out...).  I can't seem to find that fully tracked truck version shown at 11:22 in the film.  I don't think it is an Opel Blitz, as they had the Maultier which was a half-track truck transport.  I am pretty sure I have a Dragon 1/35th kit for that fully tracked truck somewhere.  My searches online for that vehicle have failed though. 

Thanks for posting.

Gary