How would the upcoming Module for BS change the balance against the US in BS ?

Stardekk

It would be great if they changed balance, but it's 99% probability that everything will remain the same.

It seems they are going to introduce new variant of M1 as if previous was not overpowered enough. I guess the new one will shoot enemies hidden behind walls. 

The only miracle that can change someting is addition of Armata, Kirov airship or hypersonic laser saber on Russian side.

Well, T-14 is not in service even now, in 2022, so not in 2017 too... 

And you don't need the T-14 to balance the game.

First of all, I'm aware that CM is a simulator and not a strategy game where balance is up most important.

But you could change some stuff based on historical accuracy so the game can be more balanced:

I do wonder if they could change is some stuff that Battlefront fought the US will have in 2017 in 2014 but they don't have IRL. 
If you will remove the LWS for the Abrams and Bradley it will not only be more historically accurate but also more blanced, they could instead put it with a different variant like they did with the APS. M1A2s do have APS IRL (they will likely buy more Trohpy APS from Israel as tensions rise before the conflict itsealf) at the time, but the Bradleys don't, and they don't have any LWS too. Also, if you carry the trophy with the M1A2 i'm pretty sure you can't carry ERA at the same time.

About the Marines, they still have Javelins.... What they will not have is a commander sight for the Abrams (M1A1 FEPs don't have does...), not Bradleys and no MQ-1Cs (which means the russians will have Drone superiority 100% of the time).

As far as I'm aware of, T-90s and T-90Ms do have a LSW as standard issue, and also, unlike in game, their smoke is quite effective and you do not need to wait 5 seconds until the smoke lands on the ground and starts to spread. 

The lack of LSW (for the most part) for the US Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT) means that things like AT-14s (both on BMPs and on foot) Will be much more deadly than they are now. Similarly to Combat Mission Shock Force. 

This means that M1A2s will have better spotting than Russian tanks but Top tier Russian tanks (not T-72B3s) will have more defenses  with LWSs.
Both factions should have a rare APS system like they do now. But US's IFVs can't mount them while Russia's can. 

All in All, what i'm trying to say here is that you could change and tweak some stuff in the base game's units based on historical accuracy and the game could be much more balanced.

Edited by Stardekk

19 minutes ago, Stardekk said:

Well, T-14 is not in service even now, in 2022, so not in 2017 too... 

What i do wonder if they could change is some stuff that Battlefront fought the US will have in 2017 in 2014 but they don't have IRL. 
If you will remove the LWS for the Abrams and Bradley it will not only be more historically accurate but also more blanced, they could instead put it with a different variant like they did with the APS. M1A2s do have APS IRL (they will likely buy more Trohpy APS from Israel as tensions rise before the conflict itsealf) at the time, but the Bradleys don't, and they don't have any LWS too. Also, if you carry the trophy with the M1A2 i'm pretty sure you can't carry ERA at the same time.

About the Marines, they still have Javelins.... What they will not have is a commander sight for the Abrams (M1A1 FEPs don't have does...), not Bradleys and no MQ-1Cs (which means the russians will have Drone superiority 100% of the time).

As far as I'm aware of, T-90s and T-90Ms do have a LSW as standard issue, and also, unlike in game, their smoke is quite effective and you do not need to wait 5 seconds until the smoke lands on the ground and starts to spread. 

The lack of LSW (for the most part) for the US Armored Brigade Combat Team (ABCT) means that things like AT-14s (both on BMPs and on foot) Will be much more deadly than they are now. Similarly to Combat Mission Shock Force. 

This means that M1A2s will have better spotting than Russian tanks but Top tier Russian tanks (not T-72B3s) will have more defenses  with LWSs.
Both factions should have a rare APS system like they do now. But US's IFVs can't mount them while Russia's can. 

Those are good points. 

Regarding APS Battlefront was quite generous both towards the US and Russia. As far as I know, APS are not installed en masse on any models of Russian tanks even now, where as T-72B and T-90M have them in CMBS. I'm not taking as example other even more fantastic elements, like hundreds of Bulat tanks in Ukraine.

I also doubt that Russians could have any superiority in terms of UAV in real life now, I had the impression that US has great superiority in this field. I don't know about marines operational structure, but it's hard to imagine any US army branch action without dense aviation support now. 

Well, both IRL and in-game the US has more UAVs per battalion. But the Russians have the Tunguska, which can shoot down all US US UAVs except the MQ-1C.  As for Russia, the US can't shoot the Zala at all (This is all in game, IRL i believe you can maybe try to shoot it down with small arms ?). And as far as I'm aware the US Marines do not have the MQ-1C.

As for the amount of APS for Russian tanks, only a battalion and a half of T-90Ms are in service at the time IIRC so they should not be in-game, and the T-72B and BA should be (lol). But they are in the game already with a lot of missions and campaigns so i don't think you can do something with that...

I second the motion to have LWS just for the Russian (and maybe some Ukrainian) vehicles. It's not a question of whether the US can field this equipment, but of the fact that they choose not to, while the Russians do. It gives them their own unique flavor, and it makes a bunch of anti tank weapons more effective. 

It's kind of ridiculous that Kornet is a force to be reckoned with in Syrian hands (in SF), but in Ukraine it's a flop. 

4 hours ago, Nefron said:

It's kind of ridiculous that Kornet is a force to be reckoned with in Syrian hands (in SF), but in Ukraine it's a flop. 

Dunno about that, in a recent Black Sea PBEM I used the AT-14 to great effect against US Bradleys and Abrams.

Even without firing a single missile. forcing the US to pop smoke and reverse into cover can be extremely useful.

Edited by Grey_Fox

I really like your ideas. I get that this game is based on a what if situation so it gives a little artistic license to add in what if equipment. So yea maybe limit the amount of APS for the both sides, make it really rare and expensive. I think this along with the LWS removal from the US can really even the game up immensely and I too hope it is done.