German mortar halftracks

Sven

2 hours ago, Sven said:

I've moved the mortar teams back on board, but I can't use them. Not indirectly, nor directly. What am I doing wrong? I've even waited an entire turn since they embarked.

When I click a spotter it says "not positioned".

I think Elvis has it right - there must be something wrong with your installation - I've just tested dismounting and remounting mortar teams into their halftrack and I cannot reproduce this - even if I remount the mortars into the wrong halftrack ( ie. the one from the other team ), on my machine they then show as "Destroyed" in the artillery UI, not "Not Positioned" ( which is odd, but obviously a code wrinkle ).

Is yours a recent install ?

2 hours ago, Sven said:

I've moved the mortar teams back on board, but I can't use them. Not indirectly, nor directly. What am I doing wrong? I've even waited an entire turn since they embarked.

When I click a spotter it says "not positioned".

When you click on the mortar team itself does it say Not Deployed?

Just to confirm that "JuJu's UI" including my update is purely a bmp replacer mod and doesn't touch the scripts at all. A mortar should still display as "Not Positioned" if that is the case. If it's destroyed, could it or the halftrack have taken the (granted very lucky) indirect hit itself at some point? Is there any sign that the unit is coming under fire?

7 hours ago, Baneman said:

I think Elvis has it right - there must be something wrong with your installation - I've just tested dismounting and remounting mortar teams into their halftrack and I cannot reproduce this - even if I remount the mortars into the wrong halftrack ( ie. the one from the other team ), on my machine they then show as "Destroyed" in the artillery UI, not "Not Positioned" ( which is odd, but obviously a code wrinkle ).

Is yours a recent install ?

I don't think that message was aimed at me?

9 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

My view of it is just like that shown by @BFCElvis (except for @Juju's interface, updated by @Ithikial_AU of course, highly recommended but I understand why John doesn't use it).

Just wondering, can you go back a few turns and try it again with the recent intel?  Might not help in the PBEM but perhaps we can all learn something from it.

I went back till the turn they arrived. They were "not deployed" to begin with and with the deploy button greyed out. Just as it is now after re-embarking.

Edited by Sven

On 2/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, Sven said:

Still nothing, two turns later.

If you'd like I could take a look at the save file and see if I get the same problem?  Let me know and we can set up a dropbox link or email or whatever works for you.

Of course if you've moved on that's fine 😉.  I could also load up Studienka and play it through, but you said they appear quite late in the battle.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:33 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Just to confirm that "JuJu's UI" including my update is purely a bmp replacer mod and doesn't touch the scripts at all.

Apologies @Ithikial_AU, my throw away comment was meant to just say that I use the UI mod so things look a little different (read much better), not that it might have anything to do with the mortars.