Luftwaffe Mixed Camo

Aured

Hello all. I'm playing Fortress Italy quick battles and one of the uniform options for Luftwaffe soldiers is "mixed camo". I've tried a couple of times with different units to see what effect this has on their appearance and so far, nothing has happened. Can someone explain why this option exists? 

Speculating it may have something to do with the HG division uniforms. Those charming fellows had access to SS and other camo patterns later in the war so maybe if you select them it invokes a smattering of camo. 'Course I might be talking utter sh*te and someone who knows what they are talking about will hopefully come along and comment.

Edited by Lucky_Strike

Maybe it is your dates for the quick battle. I am seeing it behave differently. the title mixed camo is probably best thought of as "camo mixed in to the standard non-camo uniform".

mixed camo selection for appearance activates a squad to show in 2 different uniforms, the regular m43 uniforms AND the camo smocks. some guys in smocks, some guys in m43 tunics. 

I just tried it with luftwaffe armored infantry and it took them out of the tropical m42 and popped them into grey m43 and camo smocks

It is the same for CMRT as well...BFC likes to write the code and use it a zillion times over and over

Edited by kohlenklau

49 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe it is your dates for the quick battle. I am seeing it behave differently. the title mixed camo is probably best thought of as "camo mixed in to the standard non-camo uniform".

mixed camo selection for appearance activates a squad to show in 2 different uniforms, the regular m43 uniforms AND the camo smocks. some guys in smocks, some guys in m43 tunics. 

I just tried it with luftwaffe armored infantry and it took them out of the tropical m42 and popped them into grey m43 and camo smocks

It is the same for CMRT as well...BFC likes to write the code and use it a zillion times over and over

Thank you for the reply. What date and game module are you using? I am using CM:FI base (not Gustav Line or Rome to Victory) in August 1943. 

Lastly, could you share some screenshots? 

Edited by Aured

• 3 months later...

So the mixed camo would included for Wehrmacht the Splittertarnmuster, (edged wood-brown and medium green polygons printed on a light field-grey or tan background created in 1931) and the Italian M29 Camo pattern. 'Telo Mimetico"  I believe for the most part that the Splittertarnmuster wash issued to most Panzer, PanzerGrenadier Troops, especially the 'Elite" Divisions Großdeutschland. 

The patterns for HG and the Fallschirmjäger were identical.  They used the Splittermuster 31 which was more greenish then the tan of the Heer version.  Same pattern pretty much.  Basically there should be a visual difference between the Heer Splinter, and that of the Luftwaffe.  But not sure I see any.

Fun fact, when the 1st SS Divison was returning from the Eastern Front to rest and refit back in France after Kursk, they made a stop first in Italy for a brief time where they picked up thousands of M29 Uniforms and material in which custom jackets, Panzercombi's etc would be created, even zeltban's.  These were handed over to the 12th SS as they were training in France.