Are the instructions to change mods in the Combat Mission manual accurate and current?

• 1 month later...

I cannot for the life of me get uniform mods to work be it German or American.  I have changed most of my vehicles, several terrain mods and several Misc. mods and 

they work fine but out of about 15 uniforms I haven't found any that work.  I can't imagine them being any different than installing the others so there is something wrong or something I'm not aware of.  

Any help would be appreciated as I thoroughly enjoy using them especially uniforms and it sucks that I can't.  Thanks

Edited by lcm1947
type O

Ensure that your uniform mods start: "smod_" etc.  Older mods are named differently and will no longer work.

The other thing to check is that you created a folder in the correct mods folder.  Eg: a folder called "Z UNIFORMS" in the "Use Data" folder (My Documents/Battlefront/<Game Name>/User Data/) and place uniform mods in it.

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

The other thing to check is that you created a folder in the correct mods folder.  Eg: a folder called "Z UNIFORMS" in the "Use Data" folder (My Documents/Battlefront/<Game Name>/User Data/) and place uniform mods in it.

For Battle for Normandy the mods z folder has to be in data folder in the installation folder (...Battle for Normandy/Data/z).

"My Documents/Battlefront/<Game Name>/User Data/Mods/z" is valid for Fortress Italy , Red Thunder , Final Blitzkrieg , Shock Force 2 , Black Sea , Cold War

I am still not able to use uniform skins or I suppose they are called BMP files?  Anyway, I tried the following skins;  after extracting the downloaded mod I got a folder named 

German_Smocks opening this I get Damian's German Smocks.  Inside that folder I see 6 skins labeled as smod_german_helmet-soldier2, smod_german_helmet-soldier, smod_

german_smock_soldier_uniform, smod_german_smock_soldier_uniform2, smod_german_smock_soldier_uniform3, smod_german_smock_soldier_uniform4.  I placed the folder named German Smocks into the following:  This PC > Data (F;) > combat mission battle for Normandy > Data > Z >

Any idea what is wrong?  

Let's try this:

Make a copy of the 'Damian's German Smocks'-folder and rename the files inside this way:

german-m42-helmet

german-m42-helmet 2

german-uniform-m43

german-uniform-m43 2

german-uniform-m43 3

german-uniform-m43 4

Then put the folder in your data/Z.

Let's go back to first steps.  You have unpacked the mod.  These are individual files, and not in a zipped folder?

As this is CMBN you have a folder tree something like:

HD/SIMS/Battlefront/CMBN GAME/DATA/Z

The Z folder in the same HD as where the game is installed and in the same folder as where the game is installed?

Erwin, this is what my folder tree looks like; This PC > Data (F;) > combat mission battle for Normandy > Data > Z >

The files I am trying to use are actually zipped files as many of the uniform BMP files are in the CM warehouse.

I gave up on even trying to figure out how to work with RezExplode and or Rezpack files but there are so many of the zipped files at least for CMBN still

available I can live with just them.  As I mentioned I have no problem unzipping and being able to use all the vehicle and misc.  mods it's just for whatever 

reason the zipped uniform BMP's that do not work and that is strange.  

Redwolf, the particular BMP file that I am using as my example here is the German_Smocks mod in the CMBN Menu Mod By Mord (thefewgoodmen.com) and here is 

folder you asked I provide.  

smod_german_helmet-soldier 2.bmp smod_german_helmet-soldier.bmp

Erwin.  Yes I do.  I have no problem using vehicle and Misc. mods and have plenty of them dressing up my game but uniforms for whatever reason flat out won't 

work for me.  Surly it's not my computer but why can I install vehicles, terrain and Misc BMP's but not uniforms.  Very strange indeed.