Are the instructions to change mods in the Combat Mission manual accurate and current?

That is too strange.  WOW!  I don't believe it.  I believe you but don't believe that that is possible that I can't.  I don't even know what to do next.  I mean if it wasn't 

for me being able to install vehicles, terrain and Misc.  mods I would think I was doing something wrong, but I installed dozens of those, and they work.  

Thank you though Kohlenklau.  I do appreciate it and your efforts.  

I got confused on how you answered before. Maybe say again differently to confirm, I asked a few posts back, you said you did not see anybody in smocks?

NO GERMAN INFANTRY SMOCKS SEEN AT ALL when you open a battle? True?

A uniform mod only is seen when that uniform it is modding is normally on screen. Make sense?

Kohlenklau, Sorry for the confusion but when I place that particular smock mod into my Z folder I only see the same gray german uniforms that game came with 

or should say had originally in the game.  Now when I place a vehicle mod in that z folder the appearance of that particular vehicle is changed to the new mod

folder.  

Hope that maybe better explains it.  Plus I completely deleted the game and installed everything again to my computer and the exact same thing is happening

about the vehicle, terrain and misc, mods appearing but none of the uniforms do regardless of the several difference uniform mods I install in the z folder.  

Now let me clear this up for myself in this sentence " A uniform mod only is seen when that uniform it is modding is normally on screen. Make sense? ", I am assuming you

are telling me that a uniform is only seen if that particular uniform mod is supposed to be worn?  Now that confuses me somewhat so let me try saying this to be clear.  

Using any of the uniform mods pertaining only to CMBN cause that is the only game I have that any uniform that is considered a CMBN uniform should always appear if I 

install it in the " Z " folder?  I mean it overrides any game original skin so my question is how would it not be seen if installed?  I am talking about German infantry be it 

any type of the several infantry names there are like Fusilier or Pioneer or Grenadier.  That smock should appear on all of them - period?

7 hours ago, lcm1947 said:

That smock should appear on all of them - period?

No. Not flat out on all of them. IT DEPENDS!

In a scenario or quick battle, the German infantry can have different appearance based on the editor settings. Sometimes they always wear the old tunic uniform like a jacket. You could have a million smock mods in your z and soldiers will ONLY wear tunics. But if appearance is set to mixed, then for the squad, some soldiers are finally wearing the smock, not all, just maybe like 50-50 or less. 

Do you know how to adjust unit appearance?

Or try more scenarios as axis. It is popular that BFC scenario writes wanted to customers to see the historical smocks. Just start the scenario and during deployment go and see if any smocks are there. Damian's smocks looked very nice. 

Hmmm. I tried to go the extra mile and went into the CMBN editor.

BIG QUESTIONS: Do you ONLY have the base game? Do you have any of the modules for CMBN? MG? CW?

It seems that the base game scenarios have uniform appearance set to standard for the 3 or 4 I checked. MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE the appearance setting was not a feature until later in the history of CM. Maybe your answers to the big questions above tells us if you are stuck in only seeing standard uniforms? 

Edited by kohlenklau

On 12/31/2021 at 4:07 PM, lcm1947 said:

Good try Kohlenklau but I can't open it.  I downloaded it but it says the file is empty.  Would you try installing the mod we are talking about and seeing if it

works for you?  

I have all the modules for CMBN so maybe/probably/definitely that is why you couldn't open the smock test scenario I made for you...

Edited by kohlenklau

Oh Ok, I see what you mean about the smocks necessarily show up on all the infantry troops.  I did not know that.  Boy, this game is very detailed and realistic!  Neat! 

I only have the base game of Normandy Beach so like you said that could be the reason I can't see them.  

I do know how to adjust the units appearances and I always in my quick battles which I almost 90% play use Mix.  

I will start playing more scenarios by chance so I may see different uniforms.  Hope so.  

Also, I will be buying more modules in the future as money permits so I may finally see them appear one day.  

Anyway, I certainly appreciate your efforts Kohlenklau.  You've been a big help,  Thank you.

I quote you " Oh good. very good. AND do you ever ever ever see smocks? If yes, then NOW try again and see if you see Damian's smocks."

Well, I just minutes ago saw this last post of yours so went into the game and changed it to show " Mix ' like you spoke about and sure enough I see the smocks now. 

A couple of posts ago when you mentioned " mix " I thought you were referring to the " mix" you can select for the different units like mix of Armor and infantry when 

picking what units will participate in the game not what you were referring to when you said appearance mix.  

WOW! what a good feeling to have uniform choices in the game!!!!

You Da Man Kohlenklau.  

A million thanks!