Agenda / Handguns.

Semmes

I think everyone that plays the game has opinions on ways that the game could be better.

And I do beleive the guys that work on the game and the company itself is constantly working on ways and want to make the game as realistic as possible. It is a part of the goals they have in general.

But they can only do so much, they already have list of many items they would like to see. That list is full of items placed from high priority to low. 

Some times, items on the list cannot be addressed. The programming in the game engine is just not there to do it.

Sometimes its not addressed because the amount of programming for what is gained in the game is just not worth the amount of effort needed to make it happen.

So one needs to understand that only those people doing the work will be the ones that will decide how and what the game will ever be. So we need to keep that in mind.

What we as users can do, is try to make suggestions with logical data or historic facts as to items that might be improvements in the future.

But so many players get upset when they dont see the items they would like to be improved happen after doing nothing more than making the request here on their site.

But I wanted to just let you know that, yes, some of your issues have good points and yes they could be done better and no the game does not have it right presently. but what level each issue has to how the game plays and where it fits in the endless list of possible improvements for the future. Only the designers of the game know and its out of our hands. And no one that has commented in this thread has the power or understanding as to if it matters to the designer.

Some of us Beta testers do know what they are focused on improving for the near future and that is about it and we get to make suggestions and such to those efforts, and what we read on the forum helps us remember things that could be improved but it still comes down to the people writting the code and making it actually happen. And being people, there is limits as to what they can do.

But I personnaly respect the BF team and all the hard work they have done and what the game is and what they have adcheived. Others do also. That does not mean anyone thinks the game is the greatest thing ever and that its perfect or that it cannot be improved. What it means is that they have done something no one else has done and so yes, they are the best option that is presently available, but if someone else could do a better job and make a better product. I am sure the loyal following would drift away onto those better things. But for the time being, I think they need not worry, because there is nothing out there pulling people away because it does a better realistic job, that is for sure.

So in that sence, yes there is a attitude as to the game being Great because what else has adcheived the same.

Edited by slysniper

Well put.  B)

Apologies to @semmes for being s****y earlier on, but I have had twenty plus years of gaming pleasure from CM and while a lot of his points have some validity, there are simple workarounds for many of them. 

Once you understand that the TacAI is a suicidal d**khead, you learn to compensate in plotting your moves.....Never use one movement waypoint when you could use fifteen.  Use facings, target briefly, cover arcs & smoke.  And still take nothing for granted.

As for the AI itself, beating it's a doddle in a scenario that's balanced, but that's really not terribly different to an experienced CM player battering a n00b in HtH, simply through better understanding of the game mechanics.  TBH I don't even bother to try to balance my single player scenarios for HtH play, for exactly this reason. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

I have only recently returned to the forum after only checking in intermittently. But is it possible that English is not Semmes native language and might be a contributor to him being both too direct and not really being able to explain his point of view/complaint?

@semmes

And in regards to billions being spent on military truck design, how can you even argue this point? Military vehicles are designed to be able to operate off road. Yes, there have doubtless been many cases where non-military vehicles were used, but that was due to necessity, not choice. And being designed for off road movement makes them more expensive than their civilian counterparts. I mean, look at the HMMWV; it has ‘high mobility’ right in its name.