DCS releases new AH-64 video

MSBoxer

To be fair, he raises many good points.  ED has issues.  

Personally I have played Black Shark for over a decade off and on and love it.  I have tinkered with A-10, but just does not "click" with me.  

I would not consider myself a hard core simmer, but want more than an arcade game, and while there are definitely issues ED is the best option I have found.  

I remember the hours I spent on Jane's Longbow 1 and 2 and hope to recapture that experience with the new AH-64 module.  I don't do multiplayer, too hard to find a good group and when I do, scheduling with work and family makes it extremely difficult.  Personally I have no problem with static campaigns, but would appreciate dynamic if they were available.

Bottom line,  ED could do so much more but for my needs they scratch that itch.

I was a big fan of Janes' flight sim series as well.  When CM arrived in 1999, I left flight sims even though I bought the (at the time) top of the line Thrustmaster gear. 

Was thinking of getting back to flight sims.  But, after doing due diligence, ED seems to have a similar biz strategy as Chris Roberts' "Star Citizen".  The biz keeps releasing new aircraft that excite folks and they buy each new aircraft...   but the new products are never "complete" and need all sorts of extra development work, upgrades etc before they work 100%.  And perhaps they never get to work 100% cos the gaming customers are then excited by a new aircraft and buy that...  The MS model... 

One gets the sense that both "Star Citizen" and the ED series are funded by new customers who get excited by the gorgeous PR/marketing videos and buy, while older customers get fed up with bugged planes that are never fixed, and drop out.  A bit like a pyramid scheme...

17 hours ago, Erwin said:

Have the ED problems outlined in this video been addressed?

Those technical issues don't bother me since I never played a simulator without them. What does bother me is developer behavior as outlined in the last third of the video.

The reason I did not preorder the Apache is that I have too many problems even getting other helicopters off and onto the ground. It is very hard even with pedals and all.

1 hour ago, Redwolf said:

I have too many problems even getting other helicopters off and onto the ground. It is very hard even with pedals and all.

Wot? I fly the KA-50 and Mi-8 and I find them very easy to fly / land (of course after lots of practice).