Bug? or WAD? withdraw order doesn't work if unit is on the roof or in first floor of the building

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 2:01 AM, chuckdyke said:

It is a lot easier to escape if you are on the ground floor.

That would bring us back to the discussion about „micro management“ or „micro realism“ in CM. Like the old argument, that not all troops deploy behind a wall, but on the „attacker side“, too.

5 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

that not all troops deploy behind a wall,

Common sense of formations and that is why we can split units up. As they are is aka a purple heart formation. I assume you are familiar with the soccer game. You deploy the team over an are of 50 x 100 meters. A squad in combat mission covers an area of 8 by 24 meters. Yes it comes down to micro management our soccer stadium is not too big an area to deploy an infantry squad. Especially as an allied unit vs an MG42 the least you can do is make the SOB swing his weapon to engage. 

15 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Common sense of formations and that is why we can split units up. As they are is aka a purple heart formation. I assume you are familiar with the soccer game. You deploy the team over an are of 50 x 100 meters. A squad in combat mission covers an area of 8 by 24 meters. Yes it comes down to micro management our soccer stadium is not too big an area to deploy an infantry squad. Especially as an allied unit vs an MG42 the least you can do is make the SOB swing his weapon to engage. 

Hi Chuck, I did not want to start the argument again. I just mentioned the discussion which we had about a year ago about the „wall topic“ as an example.

7 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

wall topic“

How big is the wall? and how big is your unit? Take a house for example. You better split your unit up before entering or the game may split your units up for you. Some will take the backdoor others the front door. The stress factor also plays a role when you split units up you will see that only 3 or 4 troops are nervous while the others are OK. I am not here to argue with anyone just share a different style of playing. It doesn't mean yours is wrong. Kind regards