CW Schmiedestahl_v1

Realised that GeorgeMC has made several large map scenarios for CMBN that were designed to simulate the Eastern Front (B4 CMRT was released).  Starting to work my way thru em beginning with CW Schmiedestahl_v1.  

Question George:  None of the vehicles have ammo for the Stg44.  Is that still a limitation of CMBN?  Hope you consider redoing em for CMRT.

These are what I found of yours in CMBN. Not sure if all of them are Eastern Front concepts:

CMBN:

CW Schmiedestahl

CW Schnell Truppen Angriffe

CW First Clash

Patton’s Assault Nemesis

Huzzar! Redux

Fire Brigade

Carbide Carbide Redux

CW Wittman’s Demise

CW Wittman’s Swords at Villers Bocage

CW Wittman’s Swords at Villers Bocage Large

GEORGE MC DESIGNS.docxGEORGE MC DESIGNS.docx

Edited by Erwin

11 hours ago, Erwin said:

Realised that GeorgeMC has made several large map scenarios for CMBN that were designed to simulate the Eastern Front (B4 CMRT was released).  Starting to work my way thru em beginning with CW Schmiedestahl_v1.  

Question George:  None of the vehicles have ammo for the Stg44.  Is that still a limitation of CMBN?  Hope you consider redoing em for CMRT.

These are what I found of yours in CMBN. Not sure if all of them are Eastern Front concepts:

CMBN:

CW Schmiedestahl

CW First Clash

Patton’s Assault Nemesis

Huzzar! Redux

Fire Brigade

Carbide Carbide Redux

CW Wittman’s Demise

CW Wittman’s Swords at Villers Bocage

CW Wittman’s Swords at Villers Bocage Large

GEORGE MC DESIGNS.docxGEORGE MC DESIGNS.docx 13.64 kB · 2 downloads

Hhmm of the above 'Pattons assault nemisis' is not mine.

The Ost Front themed ones are:

CW Schmiedestahl

Fire Brigade

All the others are set where they should. No idea where the 'large' Wittman at Villers came from as I never made another version. In anycase the original used a lot of period references to get as accurate as possible. So someone just expanding the map 'cos', meh...

Redoing em? I'm fully stacked with current projects some ost front related that I'll not have time or space to update these old ones. TBH once I've made something, and a period of making tweaks based on player feedback I tend to close em and move on.

Thanks for digging them out and hopefully they pass the test of time - The Wittmann (Villers Bocage and Demise) series I'm happy with as they were pretty intense research and build projects.

Cheery!

ps re the Stg44 ammo - I think that was a game issue.

Edited by George MC

2 hours ago, George MC said:

...once I've made something, and a period of making tweaks based on player feedback I tend to close em and move on.

Totally understand.  It's awful to have to back and re-edit stuff once one has moved on to new projects.  (And also why I detest replaying scenarios.)

I used to spend ages going thru content trying to find large scenarios.  So, your old scenarios are real finds as (so far) they all feature large to huge maps (2Km - 3Km+ per side) and up to a brigade (or 2 battalions) to command.  And one can have confidence they will be interesting and challenging.

Apologies to whoever designed Patton's Assault Nemesis for not knowing your name...  But, will take a look at it. 

Edited by Erwin

On 7/17/2021 at 3:20 PM, Erwin said:

Apologies to whoever designed Patton's Assault Nemesis

Seems to be @snake_eye if I've tagged the right person.  A minor detail - although the loading screen for the scenario does indeed show Patton's Assault Nemesis, it appears in my scenario listing as Patton's Attack Nemesis.  No worries.

I don't wish to blow @George MC's trumpet again, but I might as well - his scenarios are amongst the best.  The Wittmann ones are great.

11 hours ago, Vacilllator said:

Seems to be @snake_eye if I've tagged the right person.  A minor detail - although the loading screen for the scenario does indeed show Patton's Assault Nemesis, it appears in my scenario listing as Patton's Attack Nemesis.  No worries.

I don't wish to blow @George MC's trumpet again, but I might as well - his scenarios are amongst the best.  The Wittmann ones are great.

You are correct that's one of mine. Time frame East of France, last 1944 months.

Apologies for having your scenario listed wrongly.   

Enjoyed your CMSF "Helluva Road Opening" and "Helluva Take Over" scenarios as both are large and play like campaigns.  Also "Road Of All Fears" was xnt. as was "Blood On The Tracks".  You designing anything new?

I like playing German attacker, so doing that.  With 2.5 hours on the clock, the biggest challenge is patience, and waiting for supporting arty etc to prep the attack.  My right flank is stalled due Cromwells, ATG's and Fireflies.  I seem to be doing well on the left flank.  Have got recon across the river and am reducing all those foxholes and the inf and AT defenses with PzV and PzIV fire. 

1 hour 44 minutes to go (is 45 minutes in).  In center and right flank am slowly advancing inf to take out inf in foxholes in woods and snipers.  Lost one PzV on the right flank and one PzV with main gun KO.  As recon advances, arty is slowly taking out the ATG's.

On the left flank the lone Stummel got KIA and just now a PzIV got KIA from unknown AT source.  

Most units still in reserve.  

Huge game for CM2.  Loving it!

• 2 weeks later...

********** SPOILERS? **********

1 hour 39 minutes to go in this xnt 2.5 hour scenario:

It may simply be the AI plan I am fighting, but so far the German right flank is pretty much at a standstill as the recon and inf teams probe slowly and carefully forward to discover more and more enemy inf foxholes and ATG's.  Arty is brought in to kill the ATG's (primarily).  However, there are many well-positioned ATG's.  Too risky to advance with armor as at least one Firefly has been spotted (and along with ATG's have KO'd 2 Panthers).  Cromwells also spotted.   Several Stuarts KO'd as they made suicidal recon drives towards the German lines.

Most progress is being made on the German Center and left flanks.  The advance is as far as the river, but is now spotting and killing all the foxholed inf hidden in the large woods area and on the far side of the river - primarily with direct fire.  1 PzIV KO'd plus a Stummel  (hate to lose Stummels).  Light inf casualties.  But, the German Green troops are doing ok with armor and HT area fire support.  Brit ATG's in this sector are a smaller but still real threat.  No Brit armor in this sector as yet. 

A really great fun design by GeorgeMC.