Scenario design question

czarejs

9 hours ago, IanL said:

No that is not an option for scenario design. You only have time. With one exception, if the AI force gets worn down it will automatically surrender. You don't get to control that though.

Is there a certain level the AI force has to get to? I've been testing some scenarios and the AI never surrenders no matter what happens. 

8 hours ago, czarejs said:

Is there a certain level the AI force has to get to? I've been testing some scenarios and the AI never surrenders no matter what happens. 

You can set reinforcements for the AI side (on either side - Blue or red)  to not arrive in the scenario timeframe. That prevents one side prematurely surrendering. It does mean it becomes a fight to the death though... So you need to ensure the player is not left on some sort of human hunt seeking out every last cowering pixel trooper to secure a victory!

13 hours ago, George MC said:

You can set reinforcements for the AI side (on either side - Blue or red)  to not arrive in the scenario timeframe. That prevents one side prematurely surrendering. It does mean it becomes a fight to the death though... So you need to ensure the player is not left on some sort of human hunt seeking out every last cowering pixel trooper to secure a victory!

Unfortunately, that's where I'm at. Every vehicle had been destroyed and I had to hunt down almost all the survivors to trigger the auto surrender. 

If the player suffered losses, gets a bloody nose, while an enemy remnant sneaks off and allows its morale to recover this can happen rarely.

Also if obj points are acquired by the ai for your units killed it can contribute to it hanging on.  I've tested this but can't find the tipping point.