TOW missile versions

2 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hopefully the manual will spell it out clearly. There's also no in-game way to tell which flavor of 105mm APFSDS is being fired either, though its obvious the M60A1s are firing tungsten core while M60A3v and Abrams are firing DU.

Since it's going to be consistent to every vehicle we will just have to keep our notes / memorize prob.

5 hours ago, Amedeo said:

If I got correctly what the tester said, BGM-71C on board the various M150, M901, M901A1 tank destroyers, BGM-71B elsewhere.

ITOW on M901 and M2/M3 Bradley.

TOW on M150 and Infantry Battalion TOWs (both on and off Jeeps).

5 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Hopefully the manual will spell it out clearly. There's also no in-game way to tell which flavor of 105mm APFSDS is being fired either, though its obvious the M60A1s are firing tungsten core while M60A3v and Abrams are firing DU.

Judging from Bil's AAR, it's my understanding is that the M60A1 gets only the M728 APDS. It's the RISE/RISE+/PASSIVE upgrade variants that fire the M735 APFSDS.

And the DU M774, as you state, is reserved for the M60A3/A3 TTS and M1 tanks.

1 hour ago, akd said:

ITOW on M901 and M2/M3 Bradley.

TOW on M150 and Infantry Battalion TOWs (both on and off Jeeps).

Thank you for the clarification. I guess that also the Cobras get the latest TOW variant, right?

Air support continues to suffer the bane of generic weapon listings (in this case 152mm ATGM), but we have confirmed that the AH-1S and AH-1F have basic TOW (BGM-71B) 1979-80, then ITOW (BGM-71C) for 1981-82.  The AH-1G can't use TOW.

Edited by akd