THE RADZY AWARD TEAM GAME

Artkin

On 3/6/2021 at 3:32 PM, Erwin said:

It would be useful to know if each sub commander has one of the formations depicted below in bold.  Or... how will you determine what goes in what Task Force/KG?

For example, if the CinC wants to order multiple formations into the same map square, how will all the subcommanders of those formations cooperate?  Supposing one needs to split up formations - like the engineers for example? 

I organized something like this team game way back in CM1 days, and it was quite complex. 

Order of battle (1943)

Oh man I was smoking it lmao. Yeah your commanders would probably take a battalion each. You would designate one guy to control the tank battalion, one guy to control 1/13th, another to control 2/13th panzergrens. It would be a regiment on regiment fight and you would roleplay as the regimental commander of 13th Panzergrens... who at the time was Lieutenant General Gerhard Friedrich. If we go bigger you can take Karl Decker's place as Divisional Commander! ;)

We plan to start in September to transition into F&R.

Source: http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Panzergrenadierregimenter/PGR13.htm

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Panzerdivisionen/Gliederung.htm

Just put link in google translate and click the new link it gives you to translate the page and the subsequent pages... This website is excellent... has information on EVERYTHING german in ww2. The directory is MASSIVE. The Schnelle Truppen section of the index has the 5th panzer's TOE.

Your commanders can communicate in any way they want I guess Erwin. It's up to you. They will have to though in order to maintain a correct combined arms fight. At this point in the war the soviets seemed to have their **** together so I don't think I will roleplay without comms for my side this game:P

I wouldn't let your infantry commanders even touch tanks. That is not what they went to officer school for. They are infantry officers.

Edited by Artkin

OK. I have assigned @Erwin command of our panzers. 

Now all I need is a commander for our Mechanized Infantry and I’ll have our minimum team ready to start planning.

I do have one more optional Infantry (mobile) Command position available if we get enough players. 

I think the plan right now is to introduce any new Fire and Rubble expansion units as reinforcements/replacements if it releases after we get started. Is that still the case @Artkin?

For sure. We can definitely squeeze in a regiment sized element of the new stuff. I have a couple units that are waiting on F&R to be finished! :( I was even thinking we could think about doing something crazy and breaking up the Berlin map... If all goes well here hopefully more will b interested.

Edited by Artkin

• 3 weeks later...

So today I'm starting to feel better.  Returning to the land of the living.  I won't go into the nasty details, but I've been sicker than a dog.  We can start getting things moving again.  I will try and give @Artkin our strategic move today and get the ball rolling.

Again, sorry for the delay.

2 hours ago, Probus said:

So today I'm starting to feel better.  Returning to the land of the living.  I won't go into the nasty details, but I've been sicker than a dog.  We can start getting things moving again.  I will try and give @Artkin our strategic move today and get the ball rolling.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Hope it wasn't the virus...  Glad you are better.

• 1 month later...

There is a short window in which the Axis side has one Commander position open for a semi-experienced player (as of May 30th 2021). Must be willing to work as a team for the glory of the Reich. 

The setting is early morning, September 1945 on the outskirts of the town of Radzy. The Axis forces are preparing to engage a Soviet force of unknown size and unknown composition. Neither side has entered the town. A fierce tank battle is raging directly to the east. 

In a word the game is going to be challenging. This is the quiet before the storm, right at the very beginning of the battle.