THE RADZY AWARD TEAM GAME

Artkin

Looking for ONE (1) commander who wants to play a large scale, regiment level battle across the Radzymin full map on CMRT. You will command your battalions and attempt to conquer Radzy. Your forces will be a typical regiment of a particular division of your choice (Must be around 3x inf battalions, 1x armor etc.. open for discussion). Once we get everything figured out I will request for smaller commanders.

Let's get a team game going boys, this one should be very easy to do.

The objective is the largest territory.

rad-full2-alt1.png

-Troops will only be allowed to move one tile a turn. They cannot move diagonally across the map.

-As troops move across the map there will be a publicly visible blufor or redfor icon. If a front line is established there is no need for icons to be displayed in the rear territories. This eliminates the need for a game admin

-Forces will be able to deploy 40m off the entire edge of the map from the direction they are attacking. This keeps it simple and forces the commander to recon the maps and formulate a plan.

Edited by Artkin

Here is the 5th Panzer Division, something like 14th panzer grens + 31 panzer regiment + elements of panzerjagers, recon, pioneers and artillery. All of this is already modeled in CM too, its mostly just double clicking. The HQs can be modeled, medics can be modeled, etc.

Order of battle (1943)

HQ
- Divisional Staff
- 85. Mapping Detachment (mot)
31. Panzer Regiment
- Battalion
14. Panzergrenadier Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- Regimental Staff Company (mot)
- Battalion (half-track)
- Battalion (mot)
- Infantry Gun Company (self-propelled)
13. Panzergrenadier Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- 2 x Battalion (mot)
53. Panzerjäger Battalion
- Panzerjäger Company (mot)
- Panzerjäger Company (self-propleed)
2. Reconnaissance Battalion
- Armored Car Company
- 3 x Motorcycle Company
- Heavy Reconnaissance Company (mot)
- Light Reconnaissance Supply Column (mot)
116. Panzer Artillery Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- 2 x Battalion
- Battalion (self-propelled)
- Battalion (mot)
- Observation Battery (mot)
288. Army Flak Battalion
- Staff & Staff Battery
- 2 x Heavy Flak Battery
- Light Flak Battery
- Flak Battery (self-propelled)
- Light Flak Supply Column (mot)
39. Panzer Pioneer Battalion
- Staff
- Pioneer Company (half-track)
- 2 x Pioneer Company (mot)
- Brüko K Bridging Column
- Light Pioneer Supply Column (mot)
77. Panzer Signals Battalion
- Panzer Telephone Company
- Panzer Radio Company
- Light Signals Supply Column (mot)
85. Feldersatz Battalion
- 4 x Company
Supply & Support Units

Edited by Artkin

Yeah exactly, they would order the battalion commanders where they want them, and play a kind of strategic "chess". The Commander in Chief should wind up taking up their own battalion/force in the fights given we probably wont have too many participants. And if someone drops out, or is unable to play for the match or whatever the Commander will have to play it

Edited by Artkin

Will the CinC be able to make up desired "Task Forces/KG's" for desired objectives and give em to the sub-commanders?  Will the CinC also be able to hold a reserve that could be apportioned out as he desires?  Does the CinC allocate replacements and ammo resupply (as opposed to the system automatically handing em out)?  

In the sake of keeping things fun for our first time around I think we should keep it simple... no reinforcements, supply is 100% with an exception to off map artillery. Maybe we can do 40% loss after emptied or something.

Yeah you're given the task of taking radzy and destroying the enemy forces. However you can play the board however you want. You can do all of that.

I would love to have everything done but that would probably require a third person to act as an admin. Something I wouldn't mind doing if there was a second commander who wanted to play. The admin would and COULD take care of things like that. Would post an AAR afterwards for the community to enjoy... both sides can view the AAR thread afterward and chat about it

I guess a little roleplaying and mutual trust is necessary to keep things fair for both sides without a game admin. If we had two teams of dedicated, enthusiastic commanders + their subordinates then I would happily admin this one

Edited by Artkin

It would be useful to know if each sub commander has one of the formations depicted below in bold.  Or... how will you determine what goes in what Task Force/KG?

For example, if the CinC wants to order multiple formations into the same map square, how will all the subcommanders of those formations cooperate?  Supposing one needs to split up formations - like the engineers for example? 

I organized something like this team game way back in CM1 days, and it was quite complex. 

Order of battle (1943)

HQ
- Divisional Staff
- 85. Mapping Detachment (mot)
31. Panzer Regiment
- Battalion
14. Panzergrenadier Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- Battalion (half-track)
- Battalion (mot)
13. Panzergrenadier Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- 2 x Battalion (mot)
53. Panzerjäger Battalion
- Panzerjäger Company (mot)
- Panzerjäger Company (self-propleed)
2. Reconnaissance Battalion
- Armored Car Company
- 3 x Motorcycle Company
- Heavy Reconnaissance Company (mot)
- Light Reconnaissance Supply Column (mot)
116. Panzer Artillery Regiment
- Regimental Staff
- 2 x Battalion
- Battalion (self-propelled)
- Battalion (mot)
- Observation Battery (mot)
288. Army Flak Battalion
- Staff & Staff Battery
- 2 x Heavy Flak Battery
- Light Flak Battery
- Flak Battery (self-propelled)
- Light Flak Supply Column (mot)
39. Panzer Pioneer Battalion
- Staff
- Pioneer Company (half-track)
- 2 x Pioneer Company (mot)
- Brüko K Bridging Column
- Light Pioneer Supply Column (mot)
77. Panzer Signals Battalion
- Panzer Telephone Company
- Panzer Radio Company
- Light Signals Supply Column (mot)
85. Feldersatz Battalion
- 4 x Company
Supply & Support Units

Ideally your subordinate commanders would select between the infantry and armor battalions labeled with bold. The commander in chief could either lend additional formations left in the regiment (like recon, pioneers, artillery  troops..) OR they can command the troops themselves. If there are more players they can be assigned as recon, pioneers etc. It really just depends on how many guys you got I guess. 

It's all up to you @Erwin. As the commander you can make that call. I'm gonna leave the rules as simple as possible.

Edited by Artkin

6 hours ago, Probus said:

I'm interested @Artkin. Keep me in the loop. Prolly don't have enough experience to CinC but would like to play. 

Most of us should be first timers here!!! :O) Great!

6 hours ago, Bufo said:

I am interested in joining the RED side as a sub commander 🙂

Great!!!!! That makes four

Once I have another commander established I will post a quick form for ppl to fill out if they want to take smaller roles.

This should play out as a series of small battles. If people want to pop in and play a battle they theoretically could. The commanders dont have to do much either. Just strategize a little and place their troops a little :)

Edited by Artkin

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Alright we are in business now. We have a second commander and are deciding on the conditions atm.

I will post on another part of the forum to draw more eyes. On there you can submit what side you wanna join

👍

LoL.  We'll see @Bufo😉

I need the following Commanders for the Reich:

1. 🖤First Panzer Battalion Commander "Black Hearts" (Approx. 15,000 points) 👊
  2. ⚡First Panzergrenadier (Armored) Battalion Commander "Thunder" (Approx. ~6,500 points) ☝️
  3. 🦅Second Panzergrenadier (Motorized) Battalion Commander "Eagles" (Approx. ~5,500 points) 🤘
  4. 🗡️[Third Panzergrenadier (Motorized) Battalion Commander "Sword" (Approx. ~5,500 points) - Optional, if we have enough players] 🤜

Brigade CinC (Approx. 5000 points) - Support forces to distribute as needed.

• 🦂Pioneers (engineers) "Scorpions"
  • 💥Heavy Artillery "Quakes"
  • 🐝Anti-Tank "Hornets"
  • 👻Aufklärungsabteilung (recon) "Ghosts"
  • 🚚Supply "Chuckwagons"
  • [Currently no CAS so probably no FLAK]

We are discussion the advantages of motorized units, if any.  Your battalion will be loosely based on the Quick Battle points system with standard rarity.

I don't want to be too specific.  Keep the enemy guessing so all items subject to change. 😊