Setting arty with delay at setup?

• 2 weeks later...

If you're the player at startup you can set your 'opening barrage' to 5-10-15 minutes in via the standard FO setup panel (you need to go through a FO). if you're talking about building a scenario where the opponent AI does a barrage 5 minutes in that's another matter. It can be done with on-map assets using timed AI movement orders with painted-on 'fire' areas. If there was a way to do it with off-map assets I've forgotten how to do it.

23 hours ago, MikeyD said:

...at startup you can set your 'opening barrage' to 5-10-15 minutes in via the standard FO setup panel (you need to go through a FO).

I had the same problem as Albino.  So, you're saying that if we used an FO we can delay set-up bombardment of on-map mortar & artillery?  But, not if one uses any other unit (eg an HQ) as the spotter?

18 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

In this mission whichever HQ calls in the mortars they will begin firing straight away. This rule also applies in cases where there is an FO for example, in the opening mission of the Aachen campaign. The off-map mortars can be given a delay, but the on-map mortars cannot.

Yes, this was my recollection as well.  (However, sometimes one cannot be sure how things work in the latest game versions since updates can change the rules.)