CV90 and Dutch Cam

Just started the Dutch campaign and noticed some errors in the 1st mission brief. It stated that I would be getting a platoon of YPR's but instead have a platoon of CV90's #winning. But a mistake in the briefing none the less.

More importantly, the CV90's are firing the KETF rounds at the bunkers. I thought this was fixing in the patch.

9 hours ago, c3k said:

If you're seeing something otherwise, let me know.

I’ve run a little test and it is not air bursting, just blowing through all my precious KETF rounds. But I get why they shoot the KEFT instead of the solid shot.

Another question, do those vehicles really only hold 200rds of ammo. Seems like a small amount, I guess since it’s a bigger round maybe less storage space?

1 hour ago, zmoney said:

I’ve run a little test and it is not air bursting, just blowing through all my precious KETF rounds. But I get why they shoot the KEFT instead of the solid shot.

Another question, do those vehicles really only hold 200rds of ammo. Seems like a small amount, I guess since it’s a bigger round maybe less storage space?

(If anyone has better information, please chime in.)

The KETF round has a variable fuse. It is the preferred round for all but armored targets. The "solid shot" should be saved for those armored targets. The KETF can, theoretically, be fused for airbust, delayed burst, contact burst as well as pre-burst and pre-spread. In this case, it should be pretty effective against the bunker. Not a one-shot, everyone inside dies, but a few bursts should neutralize the bunker.

Somewhere, I've got pages and pages of PDFs on the KETF/CV90, as well as many html links. Hmm...

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, zmoney said:

http://www.baesystems.se/hagglunds/brochure/cv9035markiii.pdf

Thats a Mark III, not sure if it's eqvivalent to the NL version in game, but that info broschure put ammo as 2x35 ready rounds plus typical stowage as 140 rounds.

32 minutes ago, TJT said:

http://www.baesystems.se/hagglunds/brochure/cv9035markiii.pdf

Thats a Mark III, not sure if it's eqvivalent to the NL version in game, but that info broschure put ammo as 2x35 ready rounds plus typical stowage as 140 rounds.

Dutch version is a Mark III indeed:

https://www.baesystems.com/en/multimedia/cv90-evolution-full-version

IMO, for what its worth, the firing rate may need to be adjusted in game. I think a lower firing rate would cure the CV’s from blowing through all their ammo to quick.

But I could be wrong. I really love those vehicles. Just an observation for the designer of the CV by chance they’re monitoring the battlefront forums lol, you should include some kind of ATGM system on the vehicle. That would make it a truly dominant vehicle.

id like to say again to BFC bravo for this latest patch, IMO the game is really close to perfect now. Thanks to all the Beta testers as well. 

Just an observation for the designer of the CV by chance they’re monitoring the battlefront forums lol, you should include some kind of ATGM system on the vehicle. That would make it a truly dominant vehicle.

Just for your information:

https://www.baesystems.com/en/article/bae-systems--cv90-increases-lethality-by-testing-spike-lr-anti-tank-guided-missile

Edited by BarendJanNL

• 1 month later...

I have managed to record a clip of the perceived issue with the CV9035 cannon ammo. It very often seems like it keeps unloading much more rounds then necessary at targets, even after they have already perished or like in this case out of LOF. 
It doesn't always do this, especially if there are more targets around it switches after KO'ing the target. 
However, where other IFVs like the YPR-765 stop firing more rounds into enemy infantry or AFVs after they are killed/brewed up, the CV9035 usually continues to spray a full burst of rounds like it is forced to.

For example, in the last few turns of this game I had a CV9035 shooting up a BMP and it fired another ~17 rounds into the BMP after it brewed up. Later a YPR-765 engaged a BMP and it fired a few rounds until it brewed up, after which it stopped firing. I've noticed it quite a couple of times, imo there is something weird going on with the CV9035 cannon, others seemed to have reported/noticed it too.

But this incident really felt weird:

I have a save if useful.

Edited by Lethaface