CMSF 2; saved games greyed-out and won't load

Hi all. I recently purchased CMSF 2 + British Forces module and I've been playing a few quick battles with the Brits to start off with, mostly with no problems. However, with one or two of them, when I've tried to open a saved game I've found it greyed-out in the list with a message telling me I need the Marines module to play them. Is this a bug and is there a fix?

In other titles, the universal installer will install the complete game including all un/purchased modules. If at a later time you purchase a module, you then simply provide the activation key and the corresponding 'greyed-out' content pertaining to that module become available without your needing to install anything further.

Your list of scenarios should show all Marines and NATO scenarios along with a description indicating what content belongs to which module.

You may be looking at a scenario/content that requires the Marines module.

49 minutes ago, Geometer said:

Hi all. I recently purchased CMSF 2 + British Forces module and I've been playing a few quick battles with the Brits to start off with, mostly with no problems. However, with one or two of them, when I've tried to open a saved game I've found it greyed-out in the list with a message telling me I need the Marines module to play them. Is this a bug and is there a fix?

Which battles are you talking about? 

5 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Which battles are you talking about? 

Hi, thanks for your response. I'm talking about Quick Battles I've set up myself with British Army module, not any of the pre-made ones. I've played a number of QBs with this module with no problems, it only applies to a couple. See below:

CMSF2 shot.jpg

9 hours ago, Geometer said:

Got them and will check them out to see if I can find the units causing you troubles.

4 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Got them and will check them out to see if I can find the units causing you troubles.

Other issue could be his game has been patched since the games were saved? i.e. save games were done in older game engine version.

@Geometer The issue with your files is a TO&E error with Syrian Units from the Marines module somehow sneaking into your QB auto purchase. The issue has been logged and hopefully will be fixed in the next patch.

SO, what can you do in the meantime? Purchase the other modules! Just kidding, you can still play QB battles but it might be best to select the Syrian side yourself. If you press the space bar, it will show you which units came from which module, allowing you to delete out the ones showing Marines. If you don't want to know what you are facing, use the Suggestions button, press space bar and if all looks clean, start the battle.

Alternatively, here are 10 QB battles, setup with the same parameters from the save games you posted earlier, basic training, British defend, infantry only for battles 1-5, 6-10 feature some vehicles. Battle 6 is the most vehicle heavy battle. They should all be playable with the current game modules you have. I have picked the forces for both sides so they should be somewhat reasonable force mixes. These are save game files, just drop them into your save game folder and enjoy.

Edited by Heirloom_Tomato

@Heirloom_Tomato Many thanks for that, I'm obliged to you for taking the time to look at the issue and set up those battles, I shall certainly try them out. There seems to be another problem however; I've downloaded the files to the Saved Games folder but they don't show up in the list on the Load Saved Game screen. Any ideas?