Balanced Battle for H2H

One thing you can look at is the win % column on theBlitz's scenario list:

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/combat-mission-final-blitzkrieg/b-15.htm?action=scenarios&game=184

Those are all head to head games and you can find which scenarios are lopsided and which are fairly balanced.

These are typically PBEM games so it takes a while for numbers to be accumulated. I would be wary of making a judgment based on a result that only has a handful of games.

16 hours ago, JP48 said:

That site is great but a question.  There are three numbers under Win %.  What are the three numbers?   I'm assuming one sides wins, draws, the other side's wins.  But which side is listed first?

Thanks.

Jim

Just move the pointer over the numbers, a pop-up will tell you which side is first.

I think it’s worthwhile, since the subject of balance has been brought up, to look at the discussion in this thread:

Particular attention should be given to @ASL Veteran’s lengthy  Post in that thread. Balance is so subjective, and highly dependent on players doing what the designer intended. Unexpected or innovate methods and approaches can upset that. If it was me, I’d be looking at what appears interesting and plausible, as balance is within reason, impossible to attain.

Having said that, I have played head to head in several, and one that stands out as challenging for both players is

A Muddy Affair

Edited by Bud Backer

14 hours ago, Bud Backer said:

I think it’s worthwhile, since the subject of balance has been brought up, to look at the discussion in this thread:

Particular attention should be given to @ASL Veteran’s lengthy  Post in that thread. Balance is so subjective, and highly dependent on players doing what the designer intended. Unexpected or innovate methods and approaches can upset that. If it was me, I’d be looking at what appears interesting and plausible, as balance is within reason, impossible to attain.

Having said that, I have played head to head in several, and one that stands out as challenging for both players is

A Muddy Affair

Thanks for the link, interesting topic.

The Blitz site says that "A Muddy Affair" is one side but there are only 4 games reported so far.

I love the topic and I remember a really fun ASL Singling mini-campaign, the American can win but needs very good skills, like in the CM one I guess.

Anyhow I'm sold, it will be my next game!

@AlessandroW - you’re very welcome.

Based on my experience, I would recommend if played HTH that the German player not use the last reinforcement that arrives. With that I think it leaves the battle more in the hands of the players and not skewed by the design. 

Edited by Bud Backer