Band of Brothers

Neil aka Major Tum,

Don't know if you play console games, but if you do,

there's an X-Box FPS? game called something like Paratrooper: Elite Force which has a remarkable Brecourt Manor type battle in it. It's pretty cool, with very detailed guns, trenches, defenders, etc., but the very limited overhead game view will probably drive you nuts. The battle's really intense and demanding. Don't know of any CMAK Carentan scenarios either. Maybe someone should design one or adapt one from CMBO.

Regards,

John Kettler

Cheers guys,

I found a scenario by John Herrshaft? Any way its of easy capturing the guns at Brecourt.

Has anyone played it as I can only get an Aliied tactical vic.

And does anyone know excatly, based on this scenario, what are the 'text book' moves. As I would like to compare with my own. If you want the scenario then email please - its only 7 turns.

I.e I dont want to know what easy did, as I kinda get that but what you should do in this scenario.

Just another question has anyone ever done an evaluation of the same topic scenario's? For example on my travels I have come across 3 'Merville Battery' scenarios 2 of which looked accruate (I have been there) but the 3 plays the best? And one further question, is there anybody out there who has these scenario evlauations?

I suppose some sites allow you to post comments but I am talking about the best of thes best of a historic battle or encounter?

OK...

There's a web site dedicated to Brecourt Manor that gives a pretty good account of what happened.

Linky

As for BoB CMx scenarios, the only one I have come across is one that came with the CMETO pack. It tries to recreate Episode 4 (I think) where Easy Company are in the Netherlands during Operation Market-Garden.

Once again - be sure to access the A-C(?) file at

cmmods.com under the designer name Birdgunner.

There are 2 titled BoB and there probably are more w/ less descriptive titles. In addition, there is a spreadsheet that summarizes all of the scenarios. You'll probably want to look at that.

Barkhorn.