Should Italian squads be able to split off a two man scout team?

Yes, I know the answer is no. My memory tells me it is they don't want Italian squads to have the flexibility which seems fair enough for splitting squads in half but it would be nice to be able to split  a two man scout team to go forward  to those spots which you really can't cover with the rest of the platoon.  I guess I feel less bad sacrificing one or two men to a bad/lazy tactical decision rather than a whole squad. No biggie though - just thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone else has had similar thoughts or what BFs thoughts are on it.

IIRC Steve said it was motivated by actual tactical doctrine for the Italian Army and to reflect deficiencies in the leadership/HQ structure. But I'm happy to be proven wrong. They don't want to implement stuff that would be nice to have if it had no place in the real setting.

What @rocketman said. And while I am sure if you look hard enough you might find anecdotes to support what @z1812 said but this design choice it's not about modelling every possible thing that might have happened its about giving us the feel for what it was like to fight with various forces in WW2. Another example is apparently Churchill tanks could breach many bocage walls on their own but to do so was very risky and exposed the under side of the tank for extended periods and was done very rarely. Steve knew that if we could do that too it would not be a rare occurrence so he decided to not let us do that since designing that feature out of the game was closer to the reality than having it in.

Are you talking about being able to split them into scouts playing as the Italians or letting the ai do it automatically to the opposite side in situations? I think it would fall under engine limitations I think I saw before. The same reason why ai can't remount a bailed vehicle, once they have bailed.

Edited by user1000