Survey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dallas:

As to the significance of the day Hitler killed himself, I think it was because the Russians were in the streets above, killing everyone in sight

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is true and correct,but it also happened to fall on Walpurgis day (April 30th).That is a satanic holiday.I know its just coincidence, but its still an interesting coincidence given the subject.

Before anyone asks.... No I am not a Satanist, nor am I a member of any religion for that matter.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I did my own birth chart following western astrological rules a few years ago. Just for fun as I haven't found any real evidence of the influence of the position of the planets on character - though I admit to seeing some startling results in some peoples charts, even to how facial characteristics can be shared by people of the same sun-sign. Maybe just coincidence? smile.gif

Surely you would also need the time of day and the latitude and longitude of birth location to get anything more than a generalised 'newspaper column' type reading?

30/01/64 - oh sorry that the Brit convention - 01/30/64

Loki said

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>That is true and correct,but it also happened to fall on Walpurgis day (April 30th).That is a satanic holiday.I know its just coincidence, but its still an interesting coincidence given the subject.

Before anyone asks.... No I am not a Satanist, nor am I a member of any religion for that matter. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a few Wiccan friends and if I weren't so gosh darn bitter and cynical I might just be one too! So when you said Walpurgis was satanic holiday it rang some dim bells (at this point ALL the bells are dim but that's....what was a saying again? Oh yeah.) I quick search on the web came up with that Walpurgis (as it's called in Germany) is also called Beltaine and is a Pagan/Wiccan holiday. My quick search didn't come up with anything satanic. http://www.circlesanctuary.org/pholidays/Beltane.html http://www.newageinfo.com/bus/cymry/Beltaine.html

Unless you think all Pagans/Wiccans are satanists in which case we'll probably just have to disagree on that and let it go since this ain't the forum to discuss those kinda things.

Unless of course CM accurately models the crack 12th Wiccan Recon Division (aka the Witches on Wheels). :)

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cardinal Fang:

I quick search on the web came up with that Walpurgis (as it's called in Germany) is also called Beltaine and is a Pagan/Wiccan holiday.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is true.I left out the fact that it is also a Pagan/Wiccan holiday because I have several Wiccan friends and would never lump them in with anything Satanic.Just because a few religions share a holiday is no reason to lump them all together.Sorry if you took offense

[This message has been edited by Loki (edited 08-10-2000).]

Howdy Loki,

Nope, no offense taken.

As I said I had some dim memory of my Pagan friends mentioning Walpurgis and although they're odd they're not satanists. :) Actually they'd be odd regardless of their spiritual leanings. :)They just recently wished me a Happy Lammas. I haven't looked that one up yet. Although according to Monty Python a llama is a quadruped who lives in big rivers like the Amazon. It has two ears, a heart, and a beak for eating honey. But it is provided with fins for swimming.

Hey, I'm tired and sick. Stupid Summer colds!!!! I should probably be in bed and not up typing nonsensical messages.

Good Gaming!

Cardinal Fang

Nobody Expects The Spanish Inquisition!

Pascal,

Whatever these guys want to believe in is AOK by me ;. Wiccans, pagans, satanists, various cultists, christians, muslims etc. So long as they treat others with respect and honesty I don't much care what divine being, guiding power, spiritual force or whatever they believe in.

So, so long as they don't go hurting people and they find some comfort in whatever "greater force" they believe in then that's fine by me. Of course, I think they're all simply fulfilling a psychological need to shift responsibility for their lives away from themselves and manifesting a primitive human need to feel as though there is an authority figure "in charge". Of course, even if they're deluded etc ( IMO) their beliefs generally lead them to try to be moring caring, calm and productive members of society so, in this case, the ends justify the means as far as I am concerned.

Still, that's not the topic here today is it? wink.gif

Gentlemen,

The purpose of this thread is to conduct a personal survey of those interested in cm from an astrological perspective... as a trivial digression for personal and possibly other's interest.

It seems to be disintegrating into waffle about the validity of astrology.

Let's not tie up the bandwidth unnecessarily as my experience is that if you do not see the validity, you are inherantly incapable of understanding and applying the concepts.

This is not a put down as you will undoubtedly have other strengths. No one has it all.

Dallas

Dallas is rumoured to have said

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>This is not a put down as you will undoubtedly have other strengths. No one has it all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I did have it all.

I just can't remember where the hell I put it.

If anyone sees it please let me know.

Cardinal Fang

Still Sick Less Tired

December 13, 1963

13 years after the second half of the century.

13th day of the month.

A Friday.

My son was born 13 days after my my first wedding anniversary.

My phone extension is 3343 - adds up to 13.

Superstitious? Just a little. Not used for planning purposes, just interesting.

Also, the Astrology thing is serious. It is used by many and defined many a civilisation and leaders. If it is truth or not, it is still critical.

"The truth is not relevant, it is belief that drives humanity".

Hitler and Company believed in it, drew up plans, policy, war aims and personal life by it, therefore it is no laughing matter. It is very significant to the History of the War.

Will this info mean anything to how we play? If you take any stock in these systems, then it will. If you do not, it might.

After all, if you consider "Let there Be light" to be mythology, then why does the "Big Bang" sound so much like it?

BTW, I was born in the Year of the Rabbit under the sign of Sagittarius. My real name is William, which is Germanic for "Strong Willed Protector (Will - Helm) and dovetails nicely with being a Sagittarius, the Hoofed Warrior.

My middle name is Orrison, a Protestant term for a place to keep a prayer book near the Altar, so it loosely means "Prayer Keeper" or "Faith Keeper".

Essentially, I am a nosey, overbearing, strong opinioned person who believes he is right and will fight to be right.

The very definition of a Gronard smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The purpose of this thread is to conduct a personal survey of those interested in cm from an astrological perspective... as a trivial digression for personal and possibly other's interest.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Dallas, you have a perfect right to start a thread about virtually anything ... we have a right to let it degenerate into a discussion of ... HAMSTERS smile.gif

Joe

Joe,

You're right. I apologise for my abruptness.

I was reacting to my disappointment at getting so few dates of birth and the well meant but none the less, condescending and patronising tone of the posts.

Wilhammer,

You forgot that you are an eight in Numerology which gives you an excellent mind for business and large scale enterprises such as controlling armies.

Also, you have two threes which gives you a great deal of self confidence because your thought processes are very clear.

Also you have a full creativity line which gives you excellent ideas.

Also, you have a full mind line which gives you great mathematical ability.

With all this power at your disposal, your challenge is not to become too arrogant.

ok Dallas...

I gave my birth date earlier,

what do you take on this Leap year fluke.

Mom and dad married on feb, 29 leap year.

I was born in 1968, leap year.

Brother born in 1972, leap year.

I got married in 1992, leap year.

bought my house in 1996, leap year.

Can't wait to see what happens next leap year...

Lorak

Guest *Captain Foobar*

*originally posted by Michael Emrys*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If you'd like to have your palm read, put your hand up to the monitor and deposit $5 in the floppy slot. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael, it didnt work, and furthermore, you now owe me 5 bucks and a new a: drive.. frown.gif

Lorak,

I've got no idea what the leap year coincidences mean. But it is interesting. Maybe it means that you will only win ladder games of cm in leap years smile.gif

Wilhelm,

Sorry, It's unusual for me to be asked for my date of birth smile.gif

My date of birth is 17 Oct 1957

I have 29 dates of birth so far and have graphed them in several ways and although there are several interesting anomalies, the conclusion I have come to is that no conclusions can be made smile.gif

Before the doubters get too excited, maybe this is because the 29 people are a sub set of the forum as a whole ie. "Those who like cm AND are willing to post their dates of birth." Maybe it is simply that cm attracts many types of personalities.

I will post the results to my web site and provide a link for all who are interested.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wilhammer:

After all, if you consider "Let there Be light" to be mythology, then why does the "Big Bang" sound so much like it?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They only sound alike to the ignorant.

Jason

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

If you'd like to have your palm read, put your hand up to the monitor and deposit $5 in the floppy slot. wink.gif

Michael<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're close but you haven't quite got it. ...put your hand up to the monitor and deposit $5 i to my bank account smile.gif !!

BTW are you sure all your DoB are in US format - some could be in UK (ddmmyy). How does that effect things?

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

Willhammer,

About the birthdate of cm, I don't do that type of analysis (nations etc) but many others do. It comes down to personal interest. My interest is in personality analysis. But if anyone can tell me the exact date, time and from where in the US the first message indicating the game's release was posted, I will have a go for fun.

Sailor Malan,

Giving dates in the format ddmmyyyy means that if the day is less than 13, I use the wrong date of birth.

Some people are posting dd mmm yyyy which I should have specified. ie 12 may 1954... This format is unambiguous and is much preferred.

If anyone posted ambiguously, please repost in this format.

BigMac,

______Have fun! How many responses will it take to come up with something statistically significant, ie "viable"?_____

I was hoping for well over a hundred. I don't know how many members the forum has but I do know that its a lot more than the 33 that have responded so far.

The dates are still dribbling in, I will wait a while longer before posting the results. This delay also gives me a chance to do something interesting with html.