Javelin ammo

Here is my question, I am new to combat mission games, my question is when  my javelin missile launcher runs out of ammo how do I get more ammo?

there times when I have an ammo truck by the launcher … but  I cant  tell them to go to the truck to "grab" ammo (like I can when combat teams are

inside a bradly )  any help would be appreciated

7 minutes ago, hanshammer said:

Here is my question, I am new to combat mission games, my question is when  my javelin missile launcher runs out of ammo how do I get more ammo?

there times when I have an ammo truck by the launcher … but  I cant  tell them to go to the truck to "grab" ammo (like I can when combat teams are

inside a bradly )  any help would be appreciated

Welcome to the game and the forums.

You need to embark the team onto the truck/vehicle which you do by clicking a movement order on the truck. You can only get into the truck/vehicle if there are enough spaces for the unit to embark so you might have to split the embarking unit or disembark units already on the truck/vehicle to do so.

Once on the truck/vehicle, you should be able to acquire reloads as normal. You can only acquire ammunition natures carried by the truck/vehicle, so if it doesn't have Javelin then predictably you will not be able to acquire Javelin.

Edited by Combatintman

thanks for the timely response .  see I have tried exactly that ... instead of getting the green sign when I try to move them onto the trunk, I get the

red sign that says I cant load them or move them there , there is plenty of room on the ammo truck . I guess maybe they don't have the ammo I need , or I cant load the troops and the javelin launcher on to the truck . I hadn't thought of spitting the team and trying that , I will try  that , thanks again

I don't have a screen shot  but in this situation was a big ammo truck , it could fit like 10 troops, there was a driving and passenger , and then 8 open seats.

I have loaded and unloaded troops plenty of times from trucks and other vehicles, so I know what I am doing in that regard  , this almost seems like a glitch to me .  

8 seats is less than the typical squad size but it seems you are already familiar with the mechanics.  Would need a save to give any other suggestions. The only other time I have run into an issue of boarding a vehicle is going from vehicle to vehicle. You can not move direct. 

One tip is to assign other personal in the same group as ammo bearer 

Note: Make sure it is the guy from the same group!

like the pic below. From a infantry squad that is in the same platoon with the Javelin team, I split a two man scout team.

They grab a Javelin missile from the supply truck, then move to 1 or 2 grid (8-16m) away from the Javelin. Now they can share their ammo. Javelin team has only one missile in their inventory, but Ammo section tells you there are 2 available 

beqB35a.png