Dismounted trucks/Ammo dumps missing?

12 hours ago, MikeyD said:

They're not so much 'missing' as never planned for inclusion in the title. There's technical reasons for not including them having to do with using the original CMSF1 vehicle models.

I see. That is a shame though, ammo dumps were quite useful in long/large missions where units often run out of ammo. 

6 hours ago, AtheistDane said:

I see. That is a shame though, ammo dumps were quite useful in long/large missions where units often run out of ammo. 

Designers can manually dismount vehicles in the editor (deleting crews in the editor & dismounting HQs in preview mode) and use them as ammo dumps.....See the slightly out of place but IMHO valuable discussion in the screenshot thread:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

22 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Designers can manually dismount vehicles in the editor (deleting crews in the editor & dismounting HQs in preview mode) and use them as ammo dumps.....See the slightly out of place but IMHO valuable discussion in the screenshot thread:

Wow! That's a nice workaround.
Thanks for sharing :D

Edit: Can't really use US supply HMMWVs as ammo dumps for REDFOR units though, as they don't carry the right ammo. 

Edited by AtheistDane

30 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Use a Syrian truck, it works exactly the same way.  B)

The crews aren't separate in the editor, so this is what I did:
Dismount the drivers in preview mode and replace them with UNCONs (triggermen).

Any other way to do it?

Edited by AtheistDane

Result. 

Just a thought, but play your test as a scenario to be sure the crews don't reappear when the red button gets clicked.....This was the problem that I had in CM:RT & CM:BS that made me believe that crew swapping would be an issue in CM:SF2.

PS - Once you've separated the truck & crew in preview mode it may be possible to go back into the editor and delete the two crews, the HQ always required the reinforcement trick for disposal, even in the old game.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

It appears you can't crew swap trucks in CM:SF1 either (just checked), the general rule of thumb for that title seems to be "if you can get the crew out using 'Dismount' rather than 'Bail Out' in preview mode the crew may be swappable, if not forget it".....Trucks require 'Bail Out'.  :(

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead