Appui-Feu, a new website dedicated to CM in french

Xavier and I are pleased to announce a new website about CM named Appui-Feu ( means "support fire" in french ). You can find it here : http://appui-feu.panzershark.com

It will focus on the Free French forces and will provide original scenarios ( thanks to Joel Montagu, a CM beta tester ), as well as historical and tactical articles. Also, don't miss our logo featuring a tweaked screenshot from Steve Grammont himself and our galleries ( you'll find one in which a lone GI take out a Panther at 20m distance ! )

For now the site is only french but for those who are interested in the History of the Free French we plan to make an english version as soon as possible.

We would appreciate any comments about the site layout in order to improve it. smile.gif

We will also welcome anyone speaking french and willing to help, or simply wanting to take part to our forum.

At last, we would like to thank Panzershark who kindly allowed us to integrate his domain ! smile.gif

Best regards,

Magnus

PS : Moon and Carlos Lorenzo, you will find on the site articles from you, translated in french. If that offend you, please report it to me and I will remove them immediatly.

Magnus,

Glad there is some French in that forul.

I was starting to believe that I was pretty much alone.

You can count me in for whatever you need in menial tasks. That is, translating, Web things, Forum and MOST OF ALL Free Frenching all wannabe contenders.

biggrin.gif

A moi la Legion!!

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Thank you PawBroon,

Magnus and I would be very happy if you want to participate to Appui-Feu. We need original articles (tactics, history...),new scenarios(after the game release wink.gif )...We hope Appui-Feu will a dynamic an useful site! smile.gif

Jeff, Appui-feu is obviously a french speaking site and not only a french site even if the subtitle is very ala "cocorico" wink.gif

Guest Big Time Software

Great! We have always hoped to branch out beyond just English with Combat Mission. Seeing a site in French is wonderful.

Thanks,

Charles

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xavier:

I would be very happy if you want to participate to Appui-Feu.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could reach me during working hours at marcel.vie@streamserve.fr and the rest of the time at mvie@free.fr

I'd be more than happy to let you use some of my spare time and to be able to cook some things.

------------------

Hmm, if there would be some feedback, I'd do my page in English AND German. Just to add another language to the pool. As there is not so much content on my page by now this could be easily done in, let's say, two days. Any suggestions?

Good Idea?

Not worth the effort?

just wondering...

<hr>

------------------

visit lindan.panzershark.com

member of the Combat Mision webring

Guest Big Time Software

Linden, we think it is a great idea. The second biggest game market out there, after the US, is Germany. Or so we are told smile.gif We really would like CM to reach more German gamers. Having a language friendly support site is the best way to do this, for any language.

We will also, at some point, translate CM into German and French. No timeframe for this, but we really want to make it happen.

Thanks!

Steve

Congratulations on the Website. It looks great and for sure add some cultural exposure to CM.

PawBroon:

Count me in; I live in the US now, but I am born in Nantes. Does it still qualify as being French? smile.gif

Bonne chance avec le nouveau site.

Karl

Thanks for your enthusiasm BTS.

Should you need some helpful hand in the process of translating the game and/or the manual just ask.

And yes Xyphorus, being born in France and having joined the Free French abroad certainly do qualify you as a Frog.

------------------

Thank you all for your kind words, it means much to us smile.gif

I'd like to say again to all french speakers around here, that their contribution will be welcomed. We especially seek people who have good knowledge of the Free French History smile.gif

And, again, thanks to BTS for their encouragement and support smile.gif

Best regards,

Magnus

Magnus,

Have you compiled a list of us Frenchy in here?

Would be a good start to know that and to plan something once that number is know and once we have determined how much are willing to help and in what way.

For short: If you're French or bugged enough to pass for one let yourself be known...

------------------

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Salut! Je parle francais et puis participer a la construction du site si il le faut(les menus travaux uniquement hein, genre traductions etc.)

I propose to all the good-willer to subscribe at the forum of Appui-feu (I open a new topic called 'Bienvenue à bord') so we'll be able to chat each other with our wonderful language wink.gif. It will be more easy for me too because my english isn't so good frown.gif

Thank you les gars!

Announcing 2 more scenarios for CM to be available the day the game start shipping. smile.gif One scenario features elements from the french "2e division blindée" in Lorraine, the other take place 15kms East of Marseille.

Screenshots included... Moon undoubtedly get excellent idea biggrin.gif

Magnus