This sure ain't how WW2 was....

Guest Rollstoy

Sorry, without a Smiley in the end my post is outright offensive. I apologize, ask everybody to take it easy and attach the Smiley to this post: wink.gif. Thanks for your understanding!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHHAHAH look at you guys!

[grognard 1]The X-2 Gun had a P-22 Mantle, this game doesnt model it! I am going to kill the Designers!

[grognard 2]No It didnt! It had a P-21 Mantle. Dumbass!

[grognard 1]I studied 70 years at Reginald P Humes College of Everything so I know more than you! Buttmunch!

[grognard 2]Nah Ah, I studied at C. H. Shafts College of Bollicks for 70 years and one day, so there! Asswipe!

HAAHAAAAAAAAAH this is so funny to watch.

[This message has been edited by Screaming Demon (edited 08-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Screaming Demon:

[grognard 1]The X-2 Gun had a P-22 Mantle, this game doesnt model it! I am going to kill the Designers!

[grognard 2]No It didnt! It had a P-21 Mantle. Dumbass!

[grognard 1]I studied 70 years at Reginald P Humes College of Everything so I know more than you! Buttmunch!

[grognard 2]Nah Ah, I studied at C. H. Shafts College of Bollicks for 70 years and one day, so there! Asswipe!

HAAHAAAAAAAAAH this is so funny to watch.

[This message has been edited by Screaming Demon (edited 08-10-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And suppose Grognard 1 is French and Grognard 2 is Fionn K ... eek.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Screaming Demon:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, Screaming Demon, are you honestly trying to imply that it does not make a game-deciding difference whether the P-21 or the P-22 mantle is being used. Everybody (and the kitchensink) knows that the difference between the two was the slightly improved design of the shade-holder, enabling the gunner to draw his shades 0.0005sec faster on the P-22, which makes all the difference when the tanks come out of the sun, or if there are French maidens around and you want to get laid. IMNSHO the fact that important aspects like this are not being modelled makes the whole game not worth playing. If you don't think so, you are clearly dafter than even Ethan. Back to school for you, obviously.

------------------

Andreas

Should we continue to badger each other over who knows how much?

Nyet.

Is it possible that there is someone on the board who knows as much, or more than I do about a specific topic?

Mais oui.

Should we all relax and compare notes? It won't be the first time that "scholars" have differed in their view of the facts.

Si, senor. (Sorry no extended ascii for me)

Are there other polyglots on this board?

Ja.

Enuf said, let's all play nice.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Everybody (and the kitchensink) knows that the difference between the two was the slightly improved design of the shade-holder, enabling the gunner to draw his shades 0.0005sec faster on the P-22 ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Slightly improved? Are you daft? It took the technical design team at {OMITTED FOR SECURITY REASONS} two years to come up with that design enhancement and you deign to refer to it as a SLIGHT improvment? The P-22 (Hamster variant) was clearly superior not only in draw time, for which, for once, you have provided the correct times, but also in the important area of elderberry filtering which, as you should but probably don't know, was a fatal flaw in the P-21 variant which couldn't discriminate between elderberries and chokecherries causing the gunner to choke on his cherries. Please Andreas, stick to what you know ... whatever that is ... and don't presume to clutter up this topic as you have so many others.

Can you imagine what Skorzeny must make of this thread by now biggrin.gif

Joe

edited to delete references to Andreas and the Black Goat.

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 08-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Joe Shaw (edited 08-10-2000).]

Andreas, Joe, you are both clearly out of your leagues. The P-22 was merely the American designation for the British FPE-7 "Thadwapper" mantle, and not a variant on the P-21 "Sasquatch" mantle. I'd advise you both to check your sources before you embarass yourselves again.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I probably should shut my big mouth, but whaddahell, Skorzeny sez he studied at my University (in public relations? wink.gif )and that like me his mother tongue is French confused.gif

I think that the source of the conflict is that Skorzeny came on (purposely or not) projecting the image that he was a newbie who didn't know much about weapons and tactics. Since he was a new poster, some grognards tried to help him with advice that he took as condescending rolleyes.gif. someone tried to be helpful by mentioning language. He retorted angrily mad.gif and the flame war was on. eek.gif

Let's all chill out. cool.gif

C'est la vie... biggrin.gif

Henri

[This message has been edited by Henri (edited 08-10-2000).]

Well actually HE calls himself a scholar, some kind of "Fellowship of the Ring" or something but it apparently has something to do with some MADAME ... wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more.

I, OTOH, call myself ... Joe. And I've become very good at embarrasing myself, taken it to a rather refined art form in fact.

Joe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

Sheesh! And y'all call yourselves scholars!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, and you don't want to know what we call you in private for showing us up. You can take your real world knowledge and,err, do something with it (please note, for the purpose of this discussion, 'something' in this or any form and also mean 'or other').

Rule #2 for BBS discussions: When you have clearly run into superior knowledge, start calling your opponent names, or insinuate that his/her mother is a hamster.

------------------

Andreas

ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT....

I OVERREACTED, BECAUSE I MISTOOK SOME OF YOU GUYS POSTS FOR FLAMES.

MY APOLOGIES TO ALL.

Pour ceux que cela intéresse, j'ai complété mes études en histoire (BAC) et terminé ma maîtrise avec Reneo Lukic, professeur de renom international en histoire militaire.

Skorzeny

WOW

I can't believe I MISSED that whole "fire fight" last night while I slept....

Where did all that arty barage come from?

Oh I see Laval Quebec...

I feel like I have to read this board 24/7 so I don't miss anything...

There is ALOT more threads and issues here now than there was just 3-4 months ago!

-tom w

English or Pig Latin please..English or Pig Latin. That's all I can speak. Or you can sign, I can understand that as well.

My English has a touch of Yankee, but my Pig Latin is flawless.

Ixnay ona hetay renchfay

German, Joe and all of you other "Peng post junkies", you have to let the masses know when your changing threads.

Smilies for everyone, because everyone loves them so much.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

There is ALOT more threads and issues here now than there was just 3-4 months ago!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And the only important ones revolve around hamsters, IMNSHO.

GI Tom - I hope for you that you are not trying to insinuate that Joe Sqeek and me are having anything but serious and learned discussions...

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

And the only important ones revolve around hamsters, IMNSHO.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zactly.

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... Slightly improved? Are you daft? It took the technical design team at {OMITTED FOR SECURITY REASONS} two years to come up with that design enhancement and you deign to refer to it as a SLIGHT improvment? The P-22 (Hamster variant) was clearly superior not only in draw time, for which, for once, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO Joe...........

-------------

"Make way evil, I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"

[This message has been edited by PzKpfw 1 (edited 08-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

GI Tom - I hope for you that you are not trying to insinuate that Joe Sqeek and me are having anything but serious and learned discussions...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

EVERNAY!j

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>GI Tom - I hope for you that you are not trying to insinuate that Joe Sqeek and me are having anything but serious and learned discussions...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Huh? Oh quite so Andreas my learned and serious friend with discussions ... and stuff. While our discourses may appear to the uninformed {couGITomgh}to be less than topical they are in fact not ... off topic ... which makes them on topic ... kind of, as far as they know. Andreas, we'd still like to know about your friends the lumberjacks and how "Okay" they actually are ... but I sense a "Silly" padlock coming on so we now return this thread to it's original owners and may God have mercy on their souls.

Joe