Read Here For Status Of Issues Reported With New Public Beta b22!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Hi guys and gals. Since last nights late Beta release we have received some good reports and they are helping us to tie up loose ends and aiding greatly in helping us to finish this beta period and move on with the Official Release.

I will update this thread with info on issues that were identified and fixed since the Dec 15 Public Beta b22 Release.

So far the two biggest issues are as follows:

% chance of bogging for vehicles has been fixed...Currently much too high especially in clear and dry terrain.

Crashes to Desktop that indicate a ERROR: Unit.cpp line 571 entry in the errorlog.txt This issue has been fixed.

As more issues are reported and fixed I will post details here!

Thanks!

Madmatt

Hey Madmatt, thanks a lot. I'm not trying to get brownie points here or anything. It's just so damned refreshing to deal with a game company like BTS! I have become very cynical over the past few years when it comes to software makers. I've sent in bug report after bug report only to get an automated form letter in reply and watch the bug never get fixed in other games. In the case of OSI people test their patches all the time and warn about bugs. A week later the patch goes in with these very bugs still there. Then everyone complains and the company has to back the patch out again and ends up wasting everyone's time. I guess what I'm trying to say is thanks for restoring my faith that there are still some companies out there that care about their product and their customers.

Guest barrold713

Hey that was my crash bug! I forgot to note the ERROR: Unit.cpp line 571 and put it in the email I sent you. Hope the stuff I sent in helped in some small way.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Samhain:

Definitely a bug. I just had a Jagdpanzer bog and become immobile on pavement frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats no bug.. thats the feature of city workers repaving the streets... that me lad was fresh concreate and quick drying at that.. LOL

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Crashes to Desktop that indicate a ERROR: Unit.cpp line 571 entry in the errorlog.txt This issue has been fixed.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, just got one of these. Very strange indeed. Messed up my desktop even. I tried doing a "Refresh" and it did the same action as a "Shutdown", not a "Restart", you know when it says, "It is now safe to turn off your computer."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-17-2000).]

I downloaded and installed the new 1.22 patch when it came out on the 15th. Do I need to download and install it again to get the changes that were made about the bogging and crashes to desktop? I haven't had any trouble with the new patch but I am playing several armor games right now that I would really like to not get messed up with a bunch of bog results.

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, b22 is the current one. We'll have a new one up in a few days. I want to see if any more (new) bugs get reported first.

Charles

Guest AussieJeff

Top marks, Charles!!

By the way, don't forget to take a quick break over Xmas wink.gif

We don't want you to suffer from "premature burnout" !!!!

Have a Merry one and a Happy NY!!!

AussieJeff

What about the bug where my poor infantry gets slaughtered when it's out in the open???

There's this one scenario (Swatting at Tigers) that's supposedly takes place in Italy and there is very little cover for the Attacker, (it's pretty mountainous and bare) and once I start taking my men either through the mountain pass or up the mountains they get slaughtered by distant fire or crossfire from ambushes.

Boy I hate to see what CM3 has in store for us. Infantry is gonna be the side show and Armor will be the Juggernauts.

Guest Madmatt

Okay, I have new list of fixes for you, and you are REALLY gonna like this batch.

Lets recap first:

* Error: Unit.cpp line 571 bug fixed, --If you see this in your errorlog.txt file at the very bottom then you can rest easy that Charles says he found the problem and has fixed it. Probably about 75% of the bug reports I have received were this issue, that should be huge.

* Bog likelihood fixed Bogs were happening TOO much.

Now, some new fixes:

* Fixed bug so you cannot get TRP bonus when adjusting fire, unless you are within 20m of TRP (was 100m due to bug). 100 meters was a tad TOO generous it seems.

* Vehicles can only do a 'hide' order if hey do not currently have movement orders. This helps clear up a confusing issue where people though they could order vehicles to hide at the completion of a move.

* Popup menus are not obscured by text-input fields. Small graphic bug in the Parameters screen.

* TCP saves reloaded as PBEM don't skip one player's turn.

* Quick battle autopurchaser will buy fortifications now.

And the Biggie for tonight!

* Armored vehicles are smarter about rotating their hulls to bring their

main weapons to bear faster. This one is HUGE!

I asked Charles to provide some more info on what this means and here is what he said: Tanks are less likely to sit there and *just* turn the turret, unless the hull is pretty much facing the target already. This helps avoid problems with the hull and gun pointing in different directions, and it also helps German vehicles get the gun on target faster.

So there ya go. New patch is anticipated to be released later this week but it depends on if we get word of any new bugs.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 12-18-2000).]