A Dual Update Worthy of GOLD Status! CMHQ and CMHQ-Annex Updated Tonight

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Man, my fingers are still tingling from tonights bigtime wrestling style update.

Lets start with Whats New on everyones favorite Annex.

We have the German Waffenn SS Uniforms now in the Uniform Gallery....(polite applause)

We also have the introduction of a new style of section. This is something I have wanted to do for some time actually. It's called Golden BB's (named after the slang for tracers) and what it will be is essentially a repository for all sorts of really informative and usefull psts from this Forum that ofen get lost or buried almost as quickly as they are posted! We start off with Moons Translations from the Release Version of COmbat Mission of all the in-game Polish and German Speach. This is VERY usefull is you have ever wanted to know what those guys were screaming at you.

I have also added the Part 1 of my COOL THINGS thread which covers some interface and gameplay changes that may have been overlooked in your first few tries of the demo.

Over in CMHQ land we have a greta new Winter Scene POTD which should cure you of the heat (if there is any where you are), we also have brought the POTD Archive update to so you can go back and gaze in open astonishment of the Church of New Scenarios.

And last but certainly NEVER least is Fionn' Turn 4 is in his ongoing Bovage enriched FOW enshrouded After Action Report.

So that should keep you all busy for a little while, or at least unitil tomorrows updates!

Enjoy! cool.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Man, my fingers are still tingling from tonights bigtime wrestling style update.

And last but certainly NEVER least is Fionn' Turn 4 is in his ongoing Bovage enriched FOW enshrouded After Action Report.

Enjoy! cool.gif

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Madmatt, you're a madman. However, I was not able to find Fionn's AAR for turn 4. The latest that I see is turn 3. And, to the best of my knowledge, I've already read the AAR for that turn.

Are you taunting us? Must we hit refresh billions of times with our prehensile monkey tales and bring down CMHQ? biggrin.gif

We are Combat Mission fans, and we will not be denied!

-Lurker

[This message has been edited by Lurker (edited 05-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

Man... You've got a prehensile monkey tail... that's gotta come in handy ! biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Man, think of it as evolution in action. Able to touch type on the keyboard with both hands and use the mouse at the same time. biggrin.gif

Or more importantly, hit the refresh key a million times a second. biggrin.gif

-Lurker

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Nice new King Tiger textures there.

Danno, the tread snow and mud has been in for a while now. Check out the treads of the armour in Gold CE and they'll have mud on them.

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

LOL Bil wink.gif

That was then wink.gif. This is now ( Bil and I are playing Blind Man's Bluff in CM now).

It's night, there's fog and we can see about 40 metres. We each have about a Bn and a few HTs and we're charging straight at eachother LOL wink.gif

Another victory for finesse and deep tactical thought eh Bil? wink.gif hehe

------------------

Ask me politely and you'll get a complete and polite response. Act impolitely and I'll ignore you forever. Your choice.

This sig is so NO-ONE can say they haven't been warned about my stance on this subject.

Speaking of FOG.

I remember a section on CMHQ where a friendly was fired upon because of a lack of recognition.(In Fog/night).

Since you are now playing a game with visibility that low, how much of a problem is that? Or does it happen to units outside of C&C more often?

Just wondering

Mirior invictus

Lorak

Lorak,

Well, so long as you keep your guys in good formations it isn't much of a problem. Personally I prefer line formation at night and that minimises the friendly fire aspects (although it doesn't eliminate them).

I once brought two platoons together for a combined attack at night and one of them suddenly opened up on the other platoon and cut down about 5 guys wink.gif. Just like you see in war movies etc. it was fun to watch.

P.s This direct link will work http://combathq.thegamers.net/aars/game10/SL4.asp

Click and paste it k?