Suppression Question

Quick question, like to hear you guys thoughts....

Let's say the enemy is on the bottom floor of a two story house, and my MG crew can only direct fire into the top floor (above enemy) --- will that enemy feel any suppression effects at all? or just mitigated...

-Boz

54 minutes ago, IanL said:

I would take the shot :)

Me too...

But then again the commanding officer of my regiment back in the days when i did my basic military training called me...

" a triggerhappy lunatic ! "

after a small incident involving said CO, me and a machinegun...:D

22 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Yep, there's a suppressive effect, but it's a bit less than if you're able to target the actual floor.

Tyvm.  This is what I expected from the engine, and hoped for.   I have a MP game going of all regulars verses elites, infantry only.... so you see why I am enquiring. :D

6 minutes ago, Bozilas said:

Tyvm.  This is what I expected from the engine, and hoped for.   I have a MP game going of all regulars verses elites, infantry only.... so you see why I am enquiring. :D

You're welcome. Also, if you can't target the actual building, you can sometimes target just in front of it. If you fire from a good distance, the bullets will hit the building anyway. If you're too close, the bullets hit the ground.

14 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

You're welcome. Also, if you can't target the actual building, you can sometimes target just in front of it. If you fire from a good distance, the bullets will hit the building anyway. If you're too close, the bullets hit the ground.

Dude.  You might have just solved a problem I'm having with LOS.   I am definitely going to open up anyway now, thnx.

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Also, if you can't target the actual building, you can sometimes target just in front of it.

I've found that this also works hedgerows, hedges, and the like. It usually takes more time to achieve a given level of effect, but it will eventually work.

Michael