Tank riders and pause commands

Are tank riders considered a part of a tank until dismounted? I had a tank with riders taking incoming fire. So I issued a paus command for the tank for 30 sec then move and a dismount command to the riders so that they would get off before the tank moved. The tank riders didn't move at all and after the tank moved and the turn ended I saw that their command way points remained. Is this by design or maybe a bug or a quirk of the engine?

Were you able to issue a separate Dismount command using that button? Or just a movement order for the riders (which, in v4, would've automatically said "Dismount" over the waypoint)? In my experience you can't issue a separate Dismount command (the button is unclickable) from a vehicle that still has movement waypoints plotted, even if the vehicle is paused. Without that, the Dismount that's "included" in an ordinary movement order for the riders won't take effect unless the vehicle is stopped with no more waypoints plotted.

In this situation I think you would have to first cancel the tank's orders, then issue a separate Dismount command for the riders, plus their own movement orders, and then plot new orders (with a Pause) for the tank.

5 minutes ago, General Liederkranz said:

first cancel the tank's orders, then issue a separate Dismount command for the riders, plus their own movement orders, and then plot new orders (with a Pause) for the tank.

If you issue a DISMOUNT order you do not have to issue a PAUSE command to the transporting vehicle - vehicle will automatically wait while passengers dismount, then move.

Am curious.  In CM1 if the transporting vehicle slowed down appreciably during movement (eg a tight turn), the passengers would dismount if the passengers' next waypoint was fairly close to where the vehicle was slowed.  Not sure if that still happens in CM2.