Arjun Main Battle Tank

Not exactly relevant to BS or SF but an interesting video nevertheless It would be great if BF did a game covering the India - Pakistan-China area although US military involvement here might be a little tricky to do in a plausible way, Nevertheless there are tanks like the Arjun and the T-90S for India, Pakistani Al Khalids and T-80UD and of course the PLA's tank fleet. An interesting variety of terrain varying from the Himalayan mountains to the plans of the Punjab

Interesting video. Even more interesting than the Arjun is the fact that the video is reversed. The thing seems to be flipped, a mirror image of what it should be. Just look at some of the lettering.

Good for India for trying to get an indigenous tank production industry going. 

1 hour ago, c3k said:

Interesting video. Even more interesting than the Arjun is the fact that the video is reversed. The thing seems to be flipped, a mirror image of what it should be. Just look at some of the lettering.

Good for India for trying to get an indigenous tank production industry going. 

I would love to see a game on India v China and Pakistan. We would probably have to have some form of US involvement (airborne/light infantry types + Marines - heavy forces probably don't get there in time to matter.. Maybe call it Battlefront: Line of Control?

I doubt BF would ever produce this though ::(

-(

If the critics are correct this is a tank that was designed to "look" serious while actually being a balsawood knockoff.  In other words it's all about "face" and "image" - something that is very important in Asia and the ME to cover up the fact that little actually works over there. 

The question is whether China and N. Korea have produced similar "quality".  If that is the case, the weapons systems of that region could be evenly matched. 

https://www.valuewalk.com/2017/08/china-vs-india-war-army/

Edited by Erwin

4 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

A lot of interesting info there That said I doubt Pakistani tanks are any better and Pakistan has not performed well against India either in 1965 or 1971

Chinese equipment might be at least as good as India but China has not fought a war since 1962 and therefore may lack  combat experience. The Himalayas also form a difficult natural barrier along much of the LOC

3 hours ago, Erwin said:

If the critics are correct this is a tank that was designed to "look" serious while actually being a balsawood knockoff.  In other words it's all about "face" and "image" - something that is very important in Asia and the ME to cover up the fact that little actually works over there. 

The question is whether China and N. Korea have produced similar "quality".  If that is the case, the weapons systems of that region could be evenly matched. 

https://www.valuewalk.com/2017/08/china-vs-india-war-army/

There are limited options for a Chinese invasion  of India

1 Via Bhutan

2 Possibly via Burma but this seems least likely  to me

3 Via Jammu and Kashmir in co-operation with Pakistan

4 A combination of the above (probably 1 and 3)

Even so one suspects there would be some challenging terrain problems for both sides. But an interesting and balanced fight which is different from previous BF offerings. As indicated earlier there would have to be some form of US intervention but I would prefer this to be limited to largely infantry forces (eg 82nd Airborne, 101st Air Mobile) backed with US Marine to pack an armour punch.

Unfortunately I would not expect this game any time soon despite the Docklam Stand Off

"3 Via Jammu and Kashmir in co-operation with Pakistan"

This must be a headache for Trumpy admin.  While US tries to exert pressure on Pak, lowering aid/investment etc., the Chinese are rushing in to replace that investment and so will have more and more influence in Pak, and hence Afghanistan and so on.  The Chinese are already investing heavily in Africa and S. America to replace the US.  A colleague from Bosnia Serbia region tells me that that area is also being "overrun" by Chinese - investment and people.  The Chinese are exporting their population rather like how the Mexican govt exports its nationals to southern border states with long term plan of taking over those areas (similar to how US acquired them to be fair). 

Edited by Erwin

12 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

You are forgetting the Sino-Vietnamese War of March 1979 and several minor border clashes between them lasting into the 1990s.

Michael

I forgot about the Sino - Vietnamese war although it seems China did not perform particularly well. I assume you mean these border clashes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sino-Vietnamese_conflicts_1979–90