Readme? Did umm someone post the Patch v1.01 Readme? YES!!!! AND ITS ON CMHQ!!!!!!!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

So you think you found a bug in the new CM demo eh? Well listen here Mr. Buddy Boy, Charles and company (umm that would be Charles Inc. I guess!) have been hard at work making tweaks, fixing some bugs, adjusting the prime rate and negotiating the Peace Initiative in then Middle East all FOR YOU!!!

See what issues have been resolved in the v1.01 PATCH README now available on CMHQ!

Here is a just a small sampling of the over 35 tweaks and fixes included:

Bunkers can hide!

Barbed wire always works properly now!

Gun crews don't abandon weapons as frequently!

Targeting 'stickness' increased slightly!

Better AI logic with smoke!

and many many many more! So stop gawking and GET MOVING PEOPLE!!!!

Madmatt

Hop on the CMHQ Chat system after you read the list and lets talk about it!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-09-2000).]

Most impressive, young Skywalker...uh...wait a minute....

You guys really CARE! I'm getting that warm, fuzzy feeling inside!

And Maddmatt, that is one delicious POTD!

Great work all around!

Thanks!

Germanboy, you'll be happy to note that all smilies that may have been used in this post were stuffed into a canvas bag which was then weighted with several stones and dropped off the end of the local pier.

NNJ..."F*** all that, we gotta get on with these!"

Great. Very impressive patch for the first day release. I noted on the forum what I thought was a bug about a week ago. There was no feedback that I noticed but it is now fixed :) I like that kind of turnaround.

I wonder how long Charles will work on improvements to CM1, before turning his attention to CM2? A most interesting quandary. I hope it is at least a month or two, so that BTS ensures the product people have available is extremely good value (which I don't doubt), as well as allowing the clamouring masses to add things to 'The List' after putting in the many hours that we all will.

Of course, if they can progressively upgrade the functionality and then use the same engine for CM2, that will be the best result of all. I only hope that there isn't a feeling amongst people that they wouldn't pay full price for CM2 since it would then be 'just a scenario pack'. I know I would much rather get the progressive upgrading of the engine with the current scenarios and then just get the whole Eastern Front as new models and textures, scenarios etc.

Waffling now..

Bruce

Bruce

There is even snow sticking to the wheels and tracks of the AFVs! goddammit i love this game.

Peng - all wiggly and goozey like some damn puppy. "send the game send the game send the game send the gamesendthegamesendthegame huhuhuhuuuhuhuhuhuhhhuhuh woof!"

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

What can I say? Way to go Steve and Charles! You guys are just awesome. smile.gif

Always fixing bugs the second they pop up and tuning/adding features. Always

taking notes on what are our latest gripes or what new bug has been found

and then working to address the situation ASAP.

If only all development teams had the permission and will to be

this attentive to their titles and fans (not to mention the knowledge

and skill to carry out those improvements wink.gif).

Steve and Charles are truly gamers' gamers and it shows in their work.

I salute you! smile.gif

BRAVO.....BRAVO....BRAVISIMO!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY!!

The mere fact that we as the gamers and ultimate end users get to talk to the designers and programmers throughout the game's development is simply unprecendented and purely wonderful.

Thanks Steve and Charles for your time, sacrifice, and dedication to a wonderful product. On behalf of all of the gamers here, we wish you much success and hope that you all around for a long long time...way beyond CM 6!!

TeAcH

Guest Madmatt

Hmm, to be honest I thought sure we mentioned the tracks a long time ago! wink.gif

Not only do they get snow on them but there are also MUDDY ones too!

Dirt roads also become muddy looking when either the ground condition or weather is damp and wet...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Umm, the snow and mud on the tracks have been in the game for quite some time. It was featured in the very first Intro Movie on the JgdPzIV.

But, HEY!! Love the patch fixes. smile.gif These new explosions are really gonna raise the immersion factor. smile.gif

Ooops, Matt beat me to it again. wink.gif

On a personal note. Matt, love the look of CMHQ with the camoflauged side menu with the captions under each choice and the new AFV graphics on each feature. smile.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-09-2000).]

(1) BTS...glad to see you continuing your tradition of incredible responsiveness, such as creating this patch...and so many items in it! Wow! biggrin.gif

(2) MadMatt, thanks for all the POTD's. They keep me going at times while waiting for the game. smile.gif

Howitzer