Has anyone lost one yet?

Gents,

Just finished the "First Clash at Caen Scenario," playing as the British. I won, but I wasn't too proud of myself. I lost all my armor (after knocking out two of theirs) and took horrific casualties. Then the 8 inch gun spotter found a good observation point and destroyed what was left of enemy infantry. The two remaining Panzers were destroyed by infantry close assualt after they decided to drive closer into the town. (This was realistic considering that the German forces had been reduced significantly--- desperation time.)

What I'm wondering is, has anyone actually lost against the AI? Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed but I'd actually like to lose one. I've only played a smattering of scenarios. Any suggestions for more challenging games? Which scenarios are the most difficult? Please advise!

Calvin

Maybe it's just me, but the first time I played Fire and Maneuver as the Germans I got my ass handed to me. That one is a lot of fun.

I havent played any more than once, but I got beat at Wiltz as Germany, largely due to my stupid tanks firing at infantry instead of enemy tanks.

Got beat in Aachen playing as the Americans with the German AI set at 25% advantage. Try Col Klotz's "Bitche Salient" scenario as Americans. It's a kick.

Wayne.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wayne:

Got beat in Aachen playing as the Americans with the German AI set at 25% advantage. Try Col Klotz's "Bitche Salient" scenario as Americans. It's a kick.

Wayne.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I barely pulled out a draw in "Road to Marseille" last night after I made the mistake of sending my infantry through a marsh, which took them about half the scenario to get through frown.gif

Henri

Look ma, no spoilers!...No my son, you mentioned that there is infantry, and knowledge that there is infantry in the scenario could give a player an unfair advantage! wink.gif

I'm getting smoked by the SS right now in a DYO...

WOO-HOO! Made member with this post!

------------------

The only thing worse than fighting with allies is fighting without them. - Churchill

[This message has been edited by vcents (edited 07-24-2000).]

I have been beat before. In a quick battle, I played the axis and with full defaults and was given a force of about two infantry platoons and some MG's with about 7 Sdkfz251/1 halftracks. Then came the shermans and mortars...It sucked. I was really disappointed in the force the AI assigned to me. However, I suppose a lot of commanders say that about their higher ups, and so I fought on and got creamed.

Zamo