QG

I also use US vehicles for the Syrian army. I look for an idea to delete crews us. But for the latter impossible to use the option reinforcement because they are associated to vehicles.

I wish to keep only vehicles, thus no crews usbut that turns out impracticable. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:29 AM, Combatintman said:

Having spent over 30 years in the Army, I have asked the same question frequently but never found an answer that would keep me out of trouble ;)

:lol:

Exactly as suggested.....I've created ISIS teams with Humvees using US Supply Platoons & Medium Fighter Groups.  Open the deploy option, dismount the crew from the Supply Platoon vehicles and put a five man Fighter Group or their HQ into each, this seems to attach the vehicle 'shell' to the Fighter Group. 

Now go back to the editor and set the supply section as a reinforcement that appears after the battle timer expires.  When you run the game the Fighters should spawn with fully usable Humvees and they can even resupply AR & LMGs from the stocks aboard, despite it being the wrong calibre.

This particular option won't work with tanks AFAIK so you can't do ISIS tanks in the editor, the Fighters lack the skills to use them.  But you might just be able to put Syrian tank crew in an Abrams, TBH I've never tried, but I probably will now it's come to mind.  ;)

FWIW

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, tanks swaps we just can't do.....But changing the names of the unit and the crew in the editor helps to create a somewhat more immersive feel.

Combatintman & I have been collaborating to model the Iraqi CTS for some scenarios set around Mosul, the provisional core unit file is here if you want to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvua331nq3b8f6i/[CORE] Iraqi CTS (Revised).btt?dl=0

21 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nope, tanks swaps we just can't do.....But changing the names of the unit and the crew in the editor helps to create a somewhat more immersive feel.

Combatintman & I have been collaborating to model the Iraqi CTS for some scenarios set around Mosul, the provisional core unit file is here if you want to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cvua331nq3b8f6i/[CORE] Iraqi CTS (Revised).btt?dl=0

I cannot open the file because I do not possess the opus Nato. But I understood well you

Edited by Léopold