Sturmgewehr 44 availability

Although I know that this weapon wasn't available in huge numbers, it still would be interesting to have a mod to make it the standard weapon in a platoon, to simulate the fact that some units had more of them than others (according the Dieter Handrich's Sturmgewehr 44- 'bible'). I remember someone once made a mod to change MP 40s into PPSH's (for CMRT). I wonder whether the same can be done for the StG 44, not only for CMFB, but also for CMRT.

Edited by Aragorn2002

6 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Although I know that this weapon wasn't available in huge numbers, it still would be interesting to have a mod to make it the standard weapon in a platoon, to simulate the fact that some units had more of them than others (according the Dieter Handrich's Sturmgewehr 44- 'bible'). I remember someone once made a mod to change MP 40s into PPSH's (for CMRT). I wonder whether the same can be done for the StG 44, not only for CMFB, but also for CMRT.

Purchase Volksgrenadier Battalion or Fusilier Company with "Excellent" equipment quality and you will get Stg-44 as standard weapon in the Sturm platoons at or very close to the maximum allocation provided in reality.

Edited by akd

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to using these Sturm platoons in the coming CMRT-module against Russian PPSH-platoons on short distance, like for instance forest or urban fighting. That should at least give them more parity. At the moment it is sheer suicide to advance in a forest or assault a building that's being defended by PPSH-platoons.

On 29-1-2017 at 5:13 PM, akd said:

Purchase Volksgrenadier Battalion or Fusilier Company with "Excellent" equipment quality and you will get Stg-44 as standard weapon in the Sturm platoons at or very close to the maximum allocation provided in reality.

Yes, but it would be useful to have more Stg-44s in Crack or Elite Panzergrenadier-platoons too. Besides there wasn't much elite or excellence to find in most VG-divisions, although they did get the bulk of these new weapons.