New Battle Packs?

There is, AFAIK, only one ver. 4.0 scenario currently available; Mark Ezra's excellent Last Defence.

Is there a decent likelihood of ver. 4.0 scenario packs appearing for the five CM families?

If so, and I certainly hope so, then can they please have the maximum number of AI plans built into them, as Mark has done with his, to add maximum replay value to them.

I would guess that  most scenario designers are working on content for the upcomming modules.

Atleast CMFI and CMRT are due to have a new module released in the near future as far as i know.

These will offcourse come with a bunch of scenarios and Campaigns :)...All V4 i should think

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 3:09 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

There is already an Engine 4 campaign for Red Thunder.

Seems unlikely given the short time that ver.4 has been available but if you know of one I'd be grateful for a pointer to where it is.

I wonder if you are thinking of the new 'Finnish' campaign - that was finished in Ver.4 but has none of the new features included.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, RepsolCBR said:

Atleast CMFI and CMRT are due to have a new module released in the near future as far as i know.

These will offcourse come with a bunch of scenarios and Campaigns :)...All V4 i should think

I'm sure you are right and I will be looking forward to them but it would be good to see the new features, especially the AI routines, applied to new or revised scenarios for BN and FB.

Just now, James Crowley said:

but it would be good to see the new features, especially the AI routines, applied to new or revised scenarios for BN and FB.

I would realy like that also...

Especially seeing the CMBN Campaigns being updated to full V4 standard would be great...(Vehicle-pack, triggers, AT fire from inside buildings, flamethrowers, areafire, facing command, withdraw command, 32 order slots etc...) would really make replaying those campaigns a totaly new experience...

I would happily pay for them ! :)

This has been discussed a while back though and the opinion back then was that such a remake of the original Campaigns would be a massive undertaking that would esentially be like making entirely new Campaigns....No Quick and easy task unfortunatelly.

Therefore not likely to happen any time soon...

11 hours ago, James Crowley said:

Seems unlikely given the short time that ver.4 has been available but if you know of one I'd be grateful for a pointer to where it is.

I wonder if you are thinking of the new 'Finnish' campaign - that was finished in Ver.4 but has none of the new features included.

Yes you're right, that is the one I meant. I didn't actually know that it has not got any new features. I just knew that it isn't playable using the old v.3 engine

5 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

but a bunch of us are working on a bunch of scenarios surrounding the Battle of Arracourt. :)

Much

Much apprisiated, guys ! :)

I think this is the best way forward when it comes to seeing more scenarios being release (in addition to BFC scenarios/ Campaigns that comes with new modules)...

A Group of guys working together to create stuff...Hopefully this bunch of scenarios will be well recieved and may lead to BFC contacting you guys with an offer to create

further stuff... in return for a small fee ;)

Kind of outsourcing the battle-pack creation to skilled groups of community members.

Most of the missions that come with the game are from community members to begin with, I always assumed. I would love to see another pack a la JonS's - playing the campaign and that huge 'what-if' drop on the Meuse was amazing; one of the largest infantry bashes I've ever done.

You know, presuming we can track them down and get permission, I don't doubt a few of the single scenario makers would mind if you re-hashed their missions for them.