Peaking around walls?

Is the new peaking feature strictly for buildings or does it happen on wall edges as well?  I'm yet to see it happen so suspect it's not included. Was this something that was tested but didn't work out or just not considered? I think it would have been a great addition to the game.

In CMBN, I had some guys hug the entrance gap to a high wall and duke it out with a tank on the other side and its post-death bailing crew in a way that I don't think I've seen pre 4.0. That may be part of the new feature. Or, it could have just been a fluke. I haven't done any specific testing.

I just discovered that I still have the game saves from the skirmish that I mentioned. Here are some screens:

Hunting the tank:

31995283815_fdcb60c756_b.jpg

The team stops and takes positions. The point man covers the door and spots the tank.

31621170710_658f6c6ca4_b.jpg

The team attacks the tank with the soldier at the door taking first action.

31621170980_83238e4eca_b.jpg

The tank crew bails and the soldier at the door takes out a crew member while the other members of the Ami team move to join the attack.

31878364641_7fa5579563_b.jpg

The soldier at the door is shot by the tank crew, who are finished off in the same exchange of fire, and visibility is lost on the tank.

31621170400_c25fc91bba_b.jpg

While two of the remaining three Amis cower, the third goes back to covering the door.

31995284235_085edfc250_b.jpg

Buddy aid is given.

31995284055_1fd1f24c10_b.jpg

After buddy aid is finished. Notice that the soldier on the right appears to be covering the alley to the far right.

31995283895_3cf247e928_b.jpg