Tank Riders not part of 4.0 Upgrade?

Just booted up the editor in CMBN and noticed I can't mount British troops onto the back of some Shermans. Could be mistaken but wasn't 4.0 upgrade going to bring CMBN up to speed with CMFB and the other titles where tank riding is now possible. (Despite it not being the best mode of transport for poor pixeltruppen).

I remember there being debates years ago on the forums about the prevalence or lack of tank riders on the Western Front, is this still part of the mindset when it comes to CMBN?

14 hours ago, Ithikial_AU said:

remember there being debates years ago on the forums about the prevalence or lack of tank riders on the Western Front, is this still part of the mindset when it comes to CMBN?

The last explanation that I can recall Steve offering was that it would require more work than they could devote to it at the time. Whether it was intended to go into v4 or not I can't say.

Michael

1 hour ago, ASL Veteran said:

Including tank riders requires the addition of a new vehicle model for each vehicle that can carry them so it isn't just a coding 'rule' change but rather it requires extra work on the models and or art.

Yeah I don't recall Steve ever committing to back porting tank riders to CMBN. Including them in CMFB was more a concession to German practice and mobility issues in late 1944. We might see it back ported to CMBN, but I know of no commitment to do so. Then again I have been known to be wrong more often than not 

He was non-committal, that's correct. I remember him stating that there was issues viz. coding and that it wasn't worth the hastle for something that wasn't a very common combat practice prior to the gross material losses suffered by Army Group B. Which is fair, but disappointing none the less.

@Ithikial_AU seems like we'll have to do without.

Edited by Rinaldi