Scenario Depot III - Top 50: Am I missing something?

Apache

Returning to CM again after a break (mainly because I'm living in a different country to where my desktop computer is), giving CMBS a run, and I've taken a look at The Scenario Depot.  One of the tabs on that is 'Top 50 Rated': http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/popular-scenarios/

From the name of the tab I thought there would be a list of, well, the top 50?  Instead I get a page with three boxes, one containing a list of 5 downloads.  How do you get up the other 45???  Doesn't seem to be anywhere to click, redirect to the elusive Top 50?

AFAIK it is a new feature which has only been implemented in the last fortnight or so.  It is still bedding in and I'm guessing that it actually needs people to rate scenarios/content on the site. Given that the feature hasn't been around for long, it is likely that few people have rated content meaning that there are no results to show at this stage.

• 5 weeks later...

Ah I see. Thought it was just me. Funny, doesn't seem to be quite the same amount of mods around for CMFB / CMBS as there used to be for CMBO. With that game modding became a hobby in itself!!!  Maybe because they're both quite new. Really used to like Tiger's skies. No longer around I guess :(

Unfortunately, the number of user-made mods and scenarios (especially campaigns) has declined from CM1 thru all the recent CM2 titles, and keeps declining.  The work is so time-consuming it's not surprising as enthusiasts get burned out.  Am hoping that BF will start selling professionally-made campaign packs.  While some seem to be happy to just discuss, create and look at wonderful mods and graphics, for this to continue as a game it needs new game content.

Yeah I guess that's the negative with all the improvements, each version gets progressively harder to work on.  There's always QBs I suppose but I never find they work out too well.  I'd be happy to pay for campaign packs even at quite a high price but it'd need a few to be bundled in for that.  I notice there's just one campaign at the Scenario Depot for CMFB, understandable seeing as it hasn't been out long I guess, but there's only 10 that I can see for CMBN and that's been out a while now.

Edited by Apache