Help desk

Trajan

"You do not need to login in order to submit a ticket or help request; you can email us at helpdesk@battlefront.com at any time"

<helpdesk@battlefront.com>:
Remote host said:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist

I don't see any way to register at the help desk. (And yes having to register at the store/forum/helpdesk is annoying.)

So I can't log in to check a ticket. As per above, I did submit one, but I can't check it.

Even more annoying is not being able to play a game I bought in 2013. Shouldn't have to jump through hoops.

Trajan,

The HelpDesk is where you should go to get whatever problem you have resolved.  Usually within one business day.

I am also curious as to why you're having problems contacting the Help Desk and where you found that helpdesk@battlefront.com email address as that's been defunct for almost 2 years now.  Do you have a link to the page where you found it?

Steve

I've been under the impression that you get replies via email when you create a ticket in the Helpdesk system. When they respond to your ticket, you should get an email and you can also reply to that email and carry on the conversation via email.

You have a license key for your SC:WW1 bundle, correct ? Your license key will either exist in your Store Account (if it was purchased with a download option) or as a sticker on the disc case or manual it it was purchased as a mail delivery option (only). The SC:WW1 bundle will require you to install SC:WW1 and then Breakthrough. Launch Breakthrough and enter the license key in the dialog box that comes up. The base SC:WW1 game MIGHT require a separate activation with the same license key if you play it separately.

This is the activation process for the current copy-protection system that SC:WW1 uses.

If this process doesn't work for you, then what error do you get and/or what are you seeing on the screen ?

For most activation/license key issues the Helpdesk will probably be the only resource to address a number of issues.

The bundle is installed and updated. Try to activate it, I get unable to activate: No Activations Remaining.

Since I wasn't required to log in, I sent a ticket on Saturday. And it doesn't exist.

EDIT:It  just hit me that in order to create an account for help desk, I had to use google. (I can be dense.)

So things should work out now 

Thanks all for the help :)

But the online activation is annoying

Edited by Trajan

Would you happen to be using an AMD Radeon video card with the latest drivers ? If so, then this customer is also experiencing the exact same problem (the SC WW1 forum):

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/123524-very-strange-error-on-the-heels-of-another/

For Radeons, the lastest driver is 16.9.2, but I don't know if the problem still exists with this driver or not and whether it is only an issue with certain Radeons or all of the newest ones.