Mortar "deploy" command disappeared

I play a QB as US infantry and they get some assets such as 81 mm mortars loaded on Jeeps. One such team took casualties while in the Jeep. They then dismounted (two left) and was about to set up the mortar (not stated as "knocked out" in the UI) but the command for "deploy weapon" has disappeared from the UI. Don't think I've seen that before. Is that the way it is intended to be?

I've seen this happen before, too. I can't say whether or not this result is as BFC intended, but I assumed that it was, as it does kinda makes sense. I guess "knocked out" just has a very specific meaning within the game, and that the mortar is broken in some other way that doesn't quite meet the "knocked out" criteria?

yep

13 hours ago, rocketman said:

Was that the mortar halftrack snarre?

yep it was USA mortar halftrack  but inttresting thing was that when i remount crew , they start to shoot again whit mortar. On german side all looks like fine.  deploy button dosent disappear if crews take hit. 

Edited by snarre

6 hours ago, c3k said:

I -think- that any passenger in a vehicle, who gets wounded, loses his weapon. There is no scrounging. If it was the gunner (the mortar carrier), then the mortar is gone.

At least, that's how I remember it from testing several years ago.

Ken

That might be the case, but if so the lable "not deployed" is highly confusing as it points to it still being a possibility. There is no way to figure out if the gunner took the hit. In a dismounted crew they can be reduced to one man and still deploy unless it is "knocked out". At least they kept all the ammo which can be shared with another team. I would prefer it to state "knocked out" for clarity.

8 hours ago, rocketman said:

I have to check again, might be a difference between Jeeps that carry mortar/MG teams and other Jeeps. I usually get the "no go" icon when plotting a move to such a Jeep.

I was mistaken, didn't see that the Jeeps were destroyed. So the idea of remounting would work for them as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-09-27 at 8:40 PM, rocketman said:

I play a QB as US infantry and they get some assets such as 81 mm mortars loaded on Jeeps. One such team took casualties while in the Jeep. They then dismounted (two left) and was about to set up the mortar (not stated as "knocked out" in the UI) but the command for "deploy weapon" has disappeared from the UI. Don't think I've seen that before. Is that the way it is intended to be?

It seems that the unit also can't share its ammo with another mortar in the same platoon.

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

It seems that the unit also can't share its ammo with another mortar in the same platoon.

Not sure why this is.  Normally if the two units are within ammo sharing distance (2 action spots) and the same platoon they will share ammo.  I just saw this behavior again this week in a PBEM in CMFB.  However it was German 81mm mortars not US.  If you click on one of those mortar teams do both their icons highlight?  

13 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Not sure why this is.  Normally if the two units are within ammo sharing distance (2 action spots) and the same platoon they will share ammo.  I just saw this behavior again this week in a PBEM in CMFB.  However it was German 81mm mortars not US.  If you click on one of those mortar teams do both their icons highlight?  

They are from the same platoon but not the same section. Thought it would work within platoon level. They do not both light up when double clicked.