Time limits

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, JonS said:

Yep. Aside from the completely valid gameplay reasons, in real life commanders give subordinates tasks/missions/objectives on the one hand, and assets/resources on the other. Time is a resource, just like a platoon of tanks or a battery of artillery are resources.

In fact, mission statements are given in the format of

Time constraints are an inevitable part of military operations.

I wonder how the battle of Gettysburg might have turned out if J.E.B Stuart hadn't turned up the time limits in his scenario file so he could grab more Union supply wagons.

14 hours ago, Erwin said:

There is no reason why simply coming up with new ideas/requests should elicit negative responses on these forums. 

So, in effect what you are saying is, that people who disagree with your new ideas should keep their mouths shut. How are Steve and the boys in the band meant to know that some people are quite happy with us letting them develop the game as they see fit, if we don't say so?

But @Erwin the negative response is not due to the suggestions of new features or game play options it was to the OP's original prose.

I feel bad quoting it because I'm the one that first reacted snarkily and regretted doing so and @Casus_Belli said they also regretted the phrasing.  So, I am only bringing this up in the hopes THAT PEOPLE WILL NOT RESTART the "why are you guys so snarky" when the snarker (me) and the OP agreed to leave it along and move on.

"... completely nonsensical. ... commanders are given a certain amount of time to complete their missions, but this doesn't mean the battle simply stops when the time comes. ...  It's utterly ridiculous.

OK, if you disagree, and you think it's realistic ... hugs and goes home to their families, fair enough, have it your way, ..."

People got snarky not because someone made a feature request we got snarky because the OP opened with some snark of his own.

Again please don't restart the snark. 

I think we discussed the true issue and many of us feel we know what BFC's stance is on this.  If they read this thread and wish to change their game - that's cool.  Like you and others have said if enough people post an idea and or BFC like it that idea will show up in a future release.